Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nationwide Party!! By Dale


This is my friend Dale....Sunflower's Hubby, now I dont have to tell you he is a real sweety as the picture tells all. This is the day we were leaving Gypsie and UEees house and they were going back home, and I was continuing the Conga with Gypsie and UEee and we were off to Tennesse.

Dale and Sunflower/Sundowner
From Dale....

Until recently I have only read about people that have ridden across countries, that is, until I met Flo.
Sunflower started talking about something called Conga. I thought it was some kind of party that her and her WWR friends
Were getting together, as they often do lunch rides, little did I know that this party was nationwide.

It takes courage, and lots of it to undertake a journey like that of the Flo’ster took on and with as little expierence as she has, she had a great teacher, whom I think this ride was about.
It never fails just when you think humanity is going down the drain something like this comes along and gives hope where there was little of. People, people that only know each other thru e-mails and posts in an open forum, come together for one cause to help a person realize there dream and see it come to pass. The motorcycle community goes farther than the community that you ride in or the state that you reside it reaches across boarders and welcomes, with open arms, each rider no matter the shape, size, or type of bike you ride. The old saying It’s not what you ride, It’s that you ride is what it is all about.




I want to thank you Flo for giving me hope that one day I will realize my dreams, and given others the courage that they can also make there dreams come true. I know that through all the up’s and downs along the way the people of the Conga, and people that followed the Conga, slept better at night knowing you were safe and could not wait till the next day to see what came at you next. We marveled at your sheer determination that you would ride that Queen through the toughest of times and show her who’s boss.


Thanks Flo for the courage you have given me and others I only hope that some day I can return the favor for someone else and help them realize there dreams.


Ride Hard and Ride Like A Pro



No comments: