Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Day with a Dragon!

My brother BigE and I came down to spend the weekend with a Dragon, or Roadrunner, whatever ya want to call her. Anyone that rides with her knows, that if you were to give her a cartoon characters name, it would be ROADRUNNER...MEEP MEEP!!! That girl rides!!!

Bro and I get off work and are suppose to meet her at the Arlington Pub. It is about 1.5 hours from where each of us live. That is of course, if you drive at a semi descent speed.... She might say.... that is... if...someone doesn't have to stop along the way to get her chrome fix!!
Ha! Brother Blingo, the Bling King, that works at Courtenay Motorsports along with Spydy I might add....It is all his fault. He posts on the forum....sis... I have the most Narliest pair of Chrome Skull mirrors in my hand.... I'm like really.. are they mine... for sale... can I ride down and get them?? lmao, almost ditched my other brother to run down and git my skulls.

We arrive 10 minutes to closing(I did wait for BigE).. I grab the mirrors start ripping open the package, and got me bros to start putting on the bling.. they rock!!
Needless to say, by the time, the mirrors were on, the Dragon was waiting at the Arlington. I was feeling a little guilty, that I knew we were going to be late, but no problem... I would just use her words...SIUP...Suck it up Princess.
By time, we got to Qualicum we called her and she had been waiting an hour. I don't think she has quite got to know me good enough yet!!
Anyway she whipped around and caught up with us in just a few minutes. Great ride to her house...until.........THE DRIVEWAY OF DOOM!!!!
Now ya know I have seen alotta driveways in the last 7000 miles!! them southern gals, got some nasty ones. This one makes the others look like a piece of cake. Holy shit Batman as she say....Sharp sudden turn , off the highway, and sudden right immediate turn into the DOD.. Sunny it was all day and I still had the glasses on, and all of a sudden we are in the friggin forest, shaded forest!!
Pot holes... gravel..dark.. curves, bumps, not happy with this friggin drivway.. I get it, she wanted to see if i really was getting used to the Gypsy Queen.
I refuse to tell you the words that came out of my mouth when I got down the driveway. I had to make a circle around the driveway as all of sudden it was a sharp left into a garage. Crikey, I was pretty proud for not having a STOP AND DROP!
The evening was lovely, a typical, Dragon and Flo evening,..get on the dang puter...We are trying, to organize a Canada Day ride with VILR. LADIES AND CABANA BOYS!! From Campbell River, which is only Flo... to Victoria to meet with Baby, the newbie.. A gatherin of friends. So far it looks likes we have a dozen people.
Jossie and Baby are newbies and haven't got their endorsement yet, so we figure it would be nice to get them out on a nice casual ride, beings the weather is suppose to be so nice.
Today, it was absolutely gorgeous!! BigE went to work in Victoria and Draggie and I went chrome skulling. We went to 3 different places... I managed to find some skulls.. A oil cap cover, levers, thingies for the tassels, do rag, t-shirt, and oh yes... the tail light, which will need some modifications, but I cant wait.

We buzzed here and there all over this end of the Island, and I felt Like I was still doing the Conga.. Maybe that is one reason, I enjoy hangin with the Draggie so much.
After all she did the Conga with me and knows where I am coming from. Hard to let it go. Well, other than she is a damn good Draggie and likes to git er done!! Hell's bells, she can even put on some chrome.

We also went to Ladysmith to JoVics Pottery. Wow, do they ever make nice stuff. We got in a nice visit, and our latest Cabana boy Vulcanator, brought us cold drinks.. He's an official Cabana Boy!!
Jossie's momma was there and gets out of her car to come give me a hug, and told me she watched me all the way from Florida. Heck she used to ride, cool lady!!
So now, I am back to bloggin, the Dragon just pulled in and is going to make dinner, so that's all folks...

No comments: