Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Newfie Buddy Sheila Goodyear


This is Tequila/Sheila - what a cutie, and what a nice person. She is mostly a lurker on the forums. But she is very caring, I must say. This gal has given me so much support. When I arrived on Wolfies Mountain and Holl gave me an envelope with a card and some pins, and bracelets. She had also paid Holl for a very nice leather vest so I could collect my pins and patches to put on through my trip.. just so you know Sheila... I am doing that ,and I think of you every time I wear ti..

This is one hot bike you ride girlfriend. i hope you are proud of that!!

Sheila and her man!!! Thanks for watching out for me, and riding along with the
Conga #1


Well Flo

I decided to send this email anyway. Although I never rode with you, or met you, I was able to meet on line a bunch of wonderful people, if only in spirit.

I am usually a lurker when it comes to these forums, and not always up on etiquette about chiming in, so it is easy to stay in the back ground.

When I was on the WWR and you started posting about the bike you bought and how to get it home, I posted a couple of tentative replies of my experience in bringing vehicles across the border. As it was, there were much more knowledgeable people to help you, but that was okay, I was able to post and add my 2 cents worth :)

I kept coming back to the forum to see what was happening, to see how you would get your Queen home. It didn't take long to see that you wanted an adventure, especially since help was coming from everywhere.

All the ladies (gentlemen) lined right up, to help and organize in a way I hadn't seen done before.

It was special, sweet and totally amazing to watch them in action!!!

Being from Newfoundland, the most I could do is watch, but knowing if the opportunity had been there, I definitely would have done the CONGA.

I sent the vest so that in a small way I could help, and that you would have something to put all your patches and pins on. A keepsake (but ever useful) to remind you in years to come, of an adventure, a dream you followed.

I envy you (in a good way) of the friends you made and the experiences you had.

You had to have guts, courage, and be a little nuts :) to attempt this trip, with people you only knew through written conversations. Your family and friends must have thought you finally lost it.

This was something I could share with my girl friends, especially those who are new to riding and think that this was impossible. They too were able to follow the journey, which in turn gave them more confidence. Seeing one lone woman could make this trip with the helping hand of others, was just amazing and heart warming.

I loved reading your blog, and your messages to everyone. The pictures and videos were great. Memories that will be dear to you and those that participated are priceless.

You have affected a lot of people, more than you will ever know. Each person that has followed this journey has taken away with them, something special that they will always remember. This conga will always be a topic of conversation, even in the years to come.

Your a special lady FLO, I am glad I was able to follow this journey. It was and is special to me. When I travel with Hubby through the states this year, we will be going to North Carolina, and Tennessee, and I am sure as I am writing this, I will be thinking of the time you went through. When I drop my bike (and I will!!!) I will think of you and laugh and pick it up, saying if FLO can do this so can I. I hope to do RLAP in NC, and when I get frustrated, (which I will!!!) I'll think, this is what FLO was describing, and laugh. All because of your descriptions, pictures and videos.

Don't want to sound to melodramatic, or like a nut case, just wanted you to know that there are people out there that enjoyed your adventure, much like reading a book and identifying with it's characters (hint hint)

I think it would be a great idea to do a Canuk Conga, although it just wouldn't be the same, nothing would come close to the original.

So in my little corner of the world, Going With the Flo meant something!!!!

You Newfie Buddy
Sheila Goodyear

Sheila my friend, I want to send you a special thankyou for that nice leather vest you had sent to me at Holl's. I think of you every time I pin another pin on it.. I have told so many people of that. It will be my favorite vest for the rest of my riding years.
I love that funny card too. Sunflower, Vi, and Holl, we all got a kick out of that. I recieved the night before I slayed the Dragon. You brought tears to my eyes.

Please don't be a stranger on the forums. Please post often, dont be shy girlfriend. If you have a pic. I would sure like to post it!!
Love Flo!



Here is a pic in me and my vest heading up to slay the Dragon. I have way more pins and patches now of course. I have my I HAVE ISSUES T-SHIRT ON TOO. All of us girls had ISSUE T-SHIRTS..Given to us by Doc, as she had issues and couldn't go.



No comments: