Monday, June 9, 2008

The final day of the USA!!

After all the pushing it took to get me to Yackima I was given a nice relaxing day.We had our last picture taked with the Panzers, they had to get back to work.
We went for a big breakfast, so big, that my brother BigE got on the IRON MAN wall of fame. He had to eat a humongous breakfast that would have fed the other 3 of us. Just to get his name on the wall in Yackima Waffle Cafe. He left a card saying GO WITH THE FLO.
We didn't leave town till afternoon. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm. We played along the way Dragon and I rippin the bikes open.. Stopped in Levenworth, for a break. That is where we got behind the Corvette Club and were burpin our bikes. It was quite musical. We were all laughing, and had big shit ass grins on our faces. Even another biker joined in on the sound.
We went through Stephens pass and stopped at 4000 ft elevation and there was snow. I hadn't seen snow since Dec 10/07. Blingo saw a 20 ft wall of snow covered in loose gravel and immediately saw environmental friendly place to do some graffiti. We took some cool pics and will post later.
I knew I was getting close to home by the weather and was sure glad I had my new warm riding gear.
We proceeded to Monroe, and Dragon says to CARL,....Yur back tire, is looking a little spungy so we pulled across the street to a gas station, and by the time he got there, it was completely flat again. Sunday, everything closed!!
We are not happy, but still laughing. After all what can you do but just GO WITH THE FLO...LOL
He pumped up the tire, and hoped for the best, and damn if it didin't get us all the way to Bellingham. Still mind boggling, but is very quick to show you his 3 inch screw from the last flat.
We made it to Bellingham with BigE following Blingo, got to the hotel as the sun was going down. Kicked back, relaxed, told stories, checked mail, tried hard to download pics.
I think the Dragon did a good job of getting us to where we were suppose to be. She rocks!! Now the only thing that could go wrong, is if we have another flat..lol
I am feeling tired, scared, happy and definetly sad, this morning. Having a hard time fighting the tears of happy and sad.
I can't believe, that when I wake up tomorrow, someone is not going to say....
Ya ready Flo...Let's go...let's ride, we have to be somewhere at a certain time.
The reality of it all is starting to set in the the WWR CONGA is coming to an end!!
As we were reminising last night Blingo said me that it is so amazing that I have been riding for 3 weeks but the most amazing part was that it was all done, by complete strangers, My internet friends that helped me get home safely and took me into their homes.
Except for Dragon, I had met her once.. the day that I started the forum of VILR..(VANCOUVER ISLAND LADY RIDERS). We were chatting on line, and she said to me, get off that damn puter and come for a ride, and meet us in Qualicum for brunch. There was about a dozen Southern Island Rider, that I had NEVER met. It was my first taste of the comeraderie of unseen INTERNET FRIENDS.
I didn't want to ride alone that day, and meet strangers, so I convinced my brother BigE to ride Biatch with me...Now keeping in mind BigE is a BIG BOY!! Riding behind shortass me.
That was the only time I met her!! She took a couple days off work to ride down to Klamath Falls, in Oregon to meet us by herself.
So now, I now look at me... I am afraid of internet friends, and have so many wonderful life long riding buddies.
To be continued.....I'm off to the DREADED BOARDER. There I will be meeting more unknown Internet friends.


No comments: