Friday, June 6, 2008

It's all okay!!

I have been thinkin about things. I know everyone is worried about me from time to time. Who wouldn't be, dropping a bike 3 days in a row. 5 times in one trip.

I know I should be getting a little more rest. I agree, but at the same time I do have to go withthe flo and who I am traveling with. Everyone has shcedules and have been kind enough to come out and ride with me. And I appreciate each and everyone. Many that haven't be able to ride with me, have given me awesome support and believe me, it feels like y'all are riding right long beside me.

My intentions are not to get anyone to feel sorry for me. I just wanted to keep track of all the happenings. All the good and all the bad. There has been way more good than bad. The bad is just another experience. Even though it is hard to write it down and share what is happening, when I feel like a tool. It is apart of the trip.

I will learn from my mistakes and maybe others will too. Alot of advice I have recieved, was before I left and didn't listen. My fault!! Next time I am sure to take and extra pair of jeans and and extra shirt and undies and that is it... For any long trip as you do buy along the way. Or mail stuff home regularly!!!

Thank God MM, made me leave half my stuff in Florida. Next time I will have more time and become more prepared. But unless you have done it before, ya dont know. No matter what people tell you. Besides I was traveling with strangers and had to have something (I thought) I left from Mexico and just had no idea really what I was in for or needed. I didn' need much. My internet friends took very good care of me.

So it's all good everyone!!! I would do it again in a heart beat!!

When I look at it in different clear eyes I say..... I just traveled across America!!~

One day I will be able to say... I just covered the other half of America. Or I rode across Canada. The only changes would be... Is I would then be in charge alittle more of where I am going, because I won't be so scared. I wouldn't be so afraid to be left alone.

I mean look at Dragon, she has only been riding less than me, and she is traveling down from the Island to meet me alone. That girl has balls.

I have met some fantastic people, helpful, kind and caring. None of whom I have met before. Except now when I meet Dragon today. I met her once. Many will be friends for life. We have all done the best that we can. It is only natural there will be problems along the way.

I am going to take everyones advice.. I am going to stop putting myself down (no pun intended)... That was from Beth!lol

I am going to be proud of myself instead of beating myself up for dropping La Reina....or El Diablo...(the devil)..LD!!!!

I am going to take a little break or stay in bed a little longer.

Going to look into having the shocks lowered or the seat dug out alittle more. Buy some higher boots.

Stop and smell the roses. Ride only 300 miles aday!

Love you all and thanks for all your concern. Everything is and will be okay. I am just writing my thoughts and happenings down each day so I wont forget.

Heck maybe I will write a book someday or get someone to write it for me.(hint, hint, you know who you are)

I watched this, this morning and it gave me encouragment.. Hope you enjoy. CLICK ON THIS....MOTOMAN TALKS TO FLO

Got to go find a Dragon this morning. Have a great day, and don't worry!! Everything will be okay!
By the way, it has been confirmed that CHECK NEWS WILL BE DOING A STORY ABOUT ALL OF US! ME AND MY INTERNET BIKER FRIEINDS!
WAY TO GO JOSSIE!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're feeling pretty good today Flo... I'm so glad. By the time you read this you'll probably have met Dragon .. that's almost as good as being home isn't it? LOL You're an amazing lady and I have so much respect for what you did this last couple weeks... when I read your blog about Death Valley and dropping your Queen.. you sounded so sad.. I sat here and cried with you. My DH thinks I'm nuts... haha.. he just doesn't get it. I think this fatigue you're feeling will get less and less the closer you get to home .. Can't wait to read the book !! Big hugs from the other coast...
Rhonda (Nova Scotia)

Anonymous said...

BOOK?? BOOK?? Hell. I was telling your story to my son, he runs off, grabs his Charley and Ewan DVD and says "Wow! This flo woman is putting on more miles per day than Charley and Ewan... and they made a movie AND a book about it all.

She makes them look like pussies.."

so after I gave him heck for his language ----- I had to agree with him whole heartedly, but I couldn't let him know that.. LOL

Flo said...

Aww.. Rhonda, don't feel bad for me, even the bad is good. I was tired, and I have to write the bad with the good, or it don't make much of a story. There is always issues. If I had to do it all over again I would.
Dragon has gone off on her own tonight to ride to California alone, silly girl, going to freeze her you know what!!
I have been in control of the Queen the last couple of days so I am feelin better, but freezing!!lol
Thanks gf!!