Thursday, June 19, 2008

Meeting new Island friends.


Flo and sister Bea... sister as in FUHR FACTOR!!


Riders from Duncan and Alberni
Since I have finished the Conga good things keep happening. My forum is busier and it has brought alot of people closer together.
Me and Draggie have been hanging out she is a go getter,and knows alot more lady riders than I do.
We are trying to organize rides for the ladies. Of course the guys can come. There many ladies here on the Island alot of them newbies. It is not so intimidating to ride with the gals when you are learning.
We were meet in Qualicum which is a good 1.5 hours for me, to go meet some girls for an ice cream.
My sister Bea showed up as she does not live far away, and I hadn't seen her is 6 months.
I was introduced to a bunch of new people. Had met the others only once. I was telling tales of Conga and how my American friends were so good to me.
I headed back home alone, only about 100 km. I was about 27 km from home and the gas light went on.
Pulled of the freeway to ride the Ocean view,(which I ride every frickin day )to get to the first gas station in Blk Crk. Which way did Flo go....Wrong way!!
Unbelievable, how did I mangage toride across America... Right,,, I followed others.
I JUST managed to get the gas station before I run out of gas,I am sure it was fumes.
Another good day of riding since I have been home.

No comments: