Friday, June 6, 2008

5,000 Miles in Kalamath Oregon Friday!

Hey all.. We left um...where were we this morning???..Susanville California..
I rested!! I kept the curtains closed, so no one would tap on the door...Mr. & Mrs Panzer...lol
They knew I was tired, and I was, but also trying to catch up on the blog and posts etc. etc.
I have been taking every ones advice, to get some rest and take control, of my bike, situation, and don't do what I am not feeling capable of doing.
Today the plan was to meet up with Dragon. She has boogied her butt down to meet with us from Vancouver Island. Now there is a girl, that isn't afraid to do it on her own, come rain, snow , or whatever comes her way. We were to meet her in Klamath Falls. Of course she got there two hours before us...
Why????.........Because she was excited about getting off the Rock and to getting to a couple of States, and she had never been past Seattle on her bike. She hit lots of rain, and snow, and major cross winds, and on a Sporty, that is a challenge.

Anyway, this morning was beautiful, looked like a perfect day of riding. I had a good rest and was ready to ride.
There was a bunch of bikers that had over nighted at the same place, and of course you know the biker camaraderie of bikers... We all talk to each other. There was about 8 by themselves, and the Queen sittin all alone. I told them they had nice bikes and then the conversation began. There was this gal entering a competition with her bike. It was HUGE.. I can't remember the name, a Yamaha, stratoliner or something like that.. Okay don't laugh, but it was big and gorgeous. I said to the hubby.... Is she a big girl, tall, and all?? He said nope... and she rides the hell outa her. She came by and she wasn't that big. Hmmm. I thought to myself.. If she can do it on that big bike, I can too.
So they told me I had a nice bike too, and asked me where I was headed. I told them I was headed to Canada...and they said WHY??? I had to laugh cuz I knew what they were saying.. It is freeking cold up there, why would you go??
So I told them my story of the Conga and the trip and putting it down 5 freekin times!!!! About the RIDE LIKE PROS, I gave them a card.
They felt bad for me and were giving me all sorts of advice and said it was a great story and to ride safe home. Of course I was afraid to ride away with them all watching but I did fine... sorta.. a little jerky!!
Off we go, with I thought enough clothes on.. 2 t-shirts, and 2 light jackets,a sweater , the one jacket I have that was given to me by a very nice Conga gal,(thanks Miram) barely fits, and definitely not with anything underneath.
Needless to say a few miles down the road, I had to stop and double up on gloves,(thanks Sun and Miram) put my electric vest on which didn't work!! I am bloody freezing!!! A few minutes later along comes a coffee shop, need coffee, more clothes, put on my fleece long johns, neck warmer (lepard, thanks Kaye)
We were suppose to be meeting Dragon, but heck I gotta be warm, and besides, the Panzers were freezing too. How can we go from DEATH VALLEY heat to this in a matter of a day. This is only the beginning of the cold.
We get to Klamath Falls and there's the Dragon, waving away at the side of the road. We are now in Oregon by the way! Big hugs all around.
She tells us of her travels and how she had been suntanning for 2 hours in her leathers.
They are talking about another 2 hour ride to the next destination. I looked at them and said....Uh...no, let's just stay here!! Come on Flo, let's go!!!
Shit... I am trying to be strong and get some rest and y'all are pushin me.. I am going to hit 5,000 miles, NOT kilometers, and y'all want to ride... I am stayin..
Proud of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all good, didn't take much takin and we went around lookin for a room. A cheap room!! Dragon says we are sharin, I say no, it aint a good idea.. I snore, and I am on the computer till midnight, she says so, so do I!!!
We found a cheap room for $75 bucks, not my idea of cheap, but whatever.. It works.
Dear Panzer trys to get my wiring set up so I can be wired like the rest of them. Ya know electrified vests!!! I hate cold, they all gonna be warm and I am gonna freeze. My vest decided, it doesn't want to work. I was so happy that there was already a plug for that. I remember asking Doc if there was and she said no.... How the hell would she know??? She's from Florida!!! Lmao.. I bet she never tried those wonderful heated grips either!!! I love them by the way Doc!!
We are all settled in for a nice quiet nite, and then the Dragon says....I'm thinking about slayin California!!!!!!!! I asked her if she was outa her mind, that it was freezin out there, but off she went, She is back home safe and sound, which is good.
It is all good again, we are gettin along just great, we are on the same page, but I think I am going have to ride my ass off, when we get on the road. She is a rider for sure.
Tomorrow we are headed to Bend.. Not until 10 am will I allow them to leave before. We will end up in Yakima Washington!! I dont' want to ride, THAT FAR..IS THIS COLD!! I am not happy with the COLD!!!

No comments: