Friday, June 13, 2008

Letter from Vegas113/Debra

Hi Flo,

Well - I didn't get to ride with you on any leg of your fantabulous journey, but I was there every step of the way cheering you on. I started really following the adventure when you first bought La Reina....then Willi flew down to Mexico.....then the Conga was ON. I read with great anticipation all the posts when your final decision of go/don't go was made and cheered! Poor dh.....he was sure I'd lost my mind! ha!

From Florida all the way to Oh Canada..... I wanted to know every morning where you were headed, what the weather was like, who you were with.....and every night I would not go to bed until someone checked in to make sure you were ok. Each day I felt like all of us in cyber space were right along with you.....I really thank you and the Conga riders for that......you'll never know how much it meant to be able to ride with you every day. I've traveled quite a bit (not all on a bike) and the detailed ride reports and posts from the Conga Line made me feel I got to meet everyone too!

Of course, when you hit Texas and I walked outside and realized it was 90+ flippin degrees out there....and you were headed for the hottest and most boring part of your trip.....well.... I really felt for ya! I wanted so badly to come and meet up with you and Monte and tag along - but I couldn't get away. So that is the day I really waited up for a check in..... when the headline read "I Hate Texas" I knew you'd be fine! ha!

So off to New Mexico and up through Death Valley, 4 Corners, Vegas Baby.......I really enjoyed the posts and pictures......DH was checking in too - he even signed up on the forum! ha! All our riding friends and our co-workers asked daily about Flo! No one cared that you dropped your bike a few times along the way....we've all dropped em.....the only question ever asked was "is she ok"????

So when you were supposed to cross the border on Monday.....I'm searching for web cams..... anything I can find on the net to be able to watch the finish line..... that was a crazy day - lucky for me I was not working that day, stuck at home for the day, so I spent lots of time on the sites watching posts about missed boats, weather, and your Bro's! How great was that! I tell ya....the forum was buzzin with posts waiting and watching for you. Since it seemed to take all day to get to the Island, I also had time to read up on the island itself.....pretty darn neat place eh!

Then finally late Monday the news that you are HOME! YOU DID IT!!!!! Geez we are all so PROUD of YOU!!!!! And.....this WWR Forum is the absolute best......through you we've all 'met' each other.

OK this is really really long......and it sure seems like I was obsessed with this trip.....I just love adventure and this 3 weeks has let me meet/travel along and I really loved every minute of it. As DH said, you have done what only a few have been able to do!

I look forward to the BOOK! Thanks again for the adventure......and the money raised in Rod's memory......we're all proud of you for jumping out there - and even happier that you have made many many life long friends along the way.....think what you'd have missed if you had just shipped her home?!?! A great inspiration to always grab an opportunity whenever it is given......

Vegas113
Dayton Texas!


Thank girlfriend for following me all the way. I remember you being one of my biggest supports on the forum. Always there! Would be cool to have a picture of you. When you gt time!

No comments: