Saturday, June 14, 2008

Message from Jan


Hey Flo:
I didn't ride with you in person but I did in spirit... you are an inspiration to us all .. Im going through the hardest time in my life right now after loosing my only child before Christmas.. a true test of strength and faith...

so many times in reading your blog I would want to tell you what I have learned these past 6 months in my journey .. Its all in how you look at things. You would write about not being able to ride any more.. being intimidated by your new bike, conditions were doin a number on you.. etc..

but, I would read a different version of your journey.. not in what you couldn't do and carry on .. but what you were doing and had done up to that certain point .. take a step back and look at it a whole different way. So glad you were able to pick yourself up and carry on.. Wow!!.. such an accomplishment -

something you will always be proud of and have many wonderful stories to tell. We CAN do anything we set our minds to .. you just proved that big time and look how far and wide your adventure has been shown. How many of us would be brave enough to set out on our own like that .. not really knowing for sure who would be waiting at the next line to pick up.. maybe be by yourself.. maybe not.. but you kept going... Way to Go Woman!

You have so much to be proud of... Im glad to hear you are home and safe... will continue reading your updates as they come. You will always be an example set.. from now on Im sure many will think... "well if Flo could do that.. then I sure can do what I need to do"... Thank you Flo for quite an adventure!
Jan


No comments: