Monday, June 30, 2008

Canada Day Ride!!! Early

It started out it was just going to be a simple little ride to help out our new VILR'S that were going to be getting their licence soon. With just a little extra planning, I think we had a dozen bikes out.. Let me see if I can remember all the people that came out to play..
FLO,DRAGGIE, ROADIE, BLINGO,LOLA, SPYDIE, SON, ANA, JAN, GEARJAMMER, VIC, JOS, WYZ, TEE, GAZELLE, BABY...
Not bad..
It was a gorgeous day. Roadie came over to meet me, and with in 5 minutes, I had him putting on the bling...lol He put on my new skull levers, and fixed my clock as I was still on Florida time. What a guy!!

Everyone was complaing how hot it was, and I would just laugh and say, ain't nothing like Texas or Death Valley!!!
Draggie, Roadie and I left the DRIVEWAY OF DOOM, at about llam, to meet up with the first crew.
We pulled up to get gas in Duncan and met up with SCRC while they were fulling up. I met a whole bunch more faces that I can now put names too. Everyone is so friendly. We all went our separate ways to meet up with the gang in Chemainus.
We got there early and decided to continue a little farther down the highway to meet them, and I have to say... how cool it looked with them all coming our way in their Red shirts. We had a visit, big hugs and and lots of laughs. Spydy showin off on that spider again, burning rubber in the parking lot and nearly running me over. Video of that later to be showed.
Off we went to go over the Malahat...(HAT)...There we met up with some more sisters, Wyz, came out to meet everyone, in the cage today. To bad, the pickle wasn't there, but always next time. I met Gazelle , Tee, Baby, Marks sister.
So at this time, some are heading back to their part of the Island and brother Blingo says....Well, sis, sorry but we have to head back!!
I'm like...aww, come on bro, aren't you going to do the HAT!!! He tells me we just did it! I was shocked, I remember the Malahat, over the years as being this scary windy road. Whelp, I didn't remember this being the slightest bit scary...Shees I otta get out more!! At least on the Island..
And I just rode across America!!! How did I survive??
Good thing for the Conga Crew is all I can say.
So Vic and the chicks, baby chicks...lol we all headed out to do some nice twisties on the back roads. What a day, huge big smiles on the girls... It was totally awesome watching them cruising along. It was bringing back so many memories of the days I first started riding. So proud every time I found someone to ride with me.
TODAY WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!
Later we went to Draggies, with Vulcanator, and Tazzie, had a nice dinner and chatted about the day and how good things are going, getting lady riders together on Vancouver Island and of course how special the Cabana boys are too.

No comments: