Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June 2 Grand Canyon.

Another great day, we left the Holiday Inn for the Grand Canyon. Absolutely amazing scenery. Everyone knows what the scenery is like I am sure, even if you haven't bee there. There was little trading posts every where to buy gifts of Navajo jewlery, pottery etc.
We came apon these two HUGE high rocks standing alone across the street from an Indian reserve. They are called THE ELEPHANT FEET. Years ago they used it to do their religous ceremonies there.They were so gorgeous, I thought it would be a great place to have just one more picture taken of the three of us.. Great Pic and I will show you later. (as usual, I am having trouble with my computer)

It was good and it was bad!!

I put the Queen down in the white sand, it kinda just laid down for a nap... like I felt like doing.. Of course I tried to pic her up, but not a hope in hell. Kinda ripped a muscle in my arm trying.
Panzer took over thank God. Got that on video and it is pretty funny. So I tried not to let it bother me. What happened was I was looking where I wanted to go, and the last minute I looked where he was,and I didn't want to go, and I went down like a magnet..
Shit, Motorman, probably is shaking his head!! Take that shirt of Flo, ya ain't ridin like a Pro..
So we ended up making it to the Grand Canyon, and spent all day riding there and hanging out. Taking lots of pics.
Panzer finally says...So Flo... ya finished takin pictures of Rocks???
Those men, I tell ya!
I say, I put up with your U-turns you put up with my picture taking..lol

Speaking of U-turns, it was time to look for a place to stay for the night, and we head towards Route 66. I think his U-turns are rubbing off on Sandown, as she said there is a nice little town back, back I say just a few miles. As the town we were in had some scarey lookin motels. Even I didn't want to stay in..
yup...tired and exhausted, we went about a 50 mile U-turn. No problemo u-2!

The money situation was becoming a problem because of my credit card ATM, ISSUES... Long story at the moment, I don't have the patience to tell a short story!!!
Anyway, I finally found an ATM, that would actually accept MY card. I was beginning to think that, it was my imagination, and every one thought that I didn't have a freeking dime.
Well, I don't but I do have credit, but I think they were doubting that anyway. Man was I a happy camper with a couple bucks in my pocket going ding a ling a ling!!! Ching Ching!!! There is a God!

hA...I remember Panzer saying to me.. Now Flo, yur doing good, but next time when ya travel along time ya got to get your cards sorted out!! ha... Panzer, I been tryin to sort this card out since March 11 in Mexico ya know!!!
It was all feelin good again even tho I dropped La Reina today, I got money, I got friends, and I can afford a room again.. lmao!!
We got to this cute little motel in Chino...Cheap 58 bucks!! A hellova lot better than 158 bucks!! holiday Inn.. Thanks my friend Panzer, more my style anyhoo.

I was so dang tired and a soar arm, that there was no way I could park that bike in the gravel. I had no one to impress, that Panzer parked it for me. Sundowner, was showing me up, she still had it in her to ride the gravel and park that Baby!
No internet, it is tough not posting, cus it is tough remembering. When ya hang with these two, your memory stick gets lost from time to time.
Anyway, not much going on in this town, not even interntet.. so we bought a couple of beers, sat outside, told stories and all went to bed early..

In the morning Panzer says to me.. Sleep good Flo?... No internet, safe and sound with the key left in your door all night!!

Pictures to come when I can get it together!
Sometimes it is tought being a Canadian in America!! That ol money issue!! I was having issues and it was time to find a place to sleep again.
Now I know this U-turn will only take about an hour!!!

No comments: