Wednesday, June 25, 2008

7000,00 miles ago today!!


The Queen with her new hair!!

My first skull!!

My second skulls!

Skulls on the windshield!

Donnathedoc in barbershop!
Wow.. I pulled into the garage, looked down at my whatchamacallit!! ometer of some kind, and it said exactly 7,000 miles.. Now.. go figure that into kilometers!! I have put 1200 miles on since I got home two weeks ago, with working and trying to keep house. (dont like keeping house anymore)

I left my sisa Donnathedoc, in Florida on the 21 of May!! Seems like yesterday and it was 16 days ago, that I returned.
Usually when you return from a vacation, a week or so especially after one returns to work it is all said and done. The memories start to fade and you just get back to a routine. It is so not happening. There hasn't been an hour, never mind a day, that I can't get things off my mind. I don't want to either. The emails still keep coming in about the trip and people talking about it all the time.

Crikey, it is like Flo's gone famous or something..lol Of course the news on A channel kind of told a few folk here on our Vancouver Island. So if I don't mention it, someone does.... I got my Gypsy Queen parked out in front of the Barbershop, and people just walk by and gawk at it. If they didn't need a haircut, they need to inquire about the beauty sitting outside. And what does the RIDE LIKE A PRO sticker on my bike mean they say...Well there's another big long story...

Today a guy came for a haircut, and we were yacking away, and then of course the bike in front of the window came into dicusion. He asked if it was mine... yes...how long ya been riding....3 years...ride much...yes..wow that is a big bike for a girl, ever drop it...yes... bla bla bla..

Then he proceeds to tell me that when he was with a bunch of riding buddies in Victoria a couple weeks ago, they were sitting talking about bikes and on came the news.... I'm thinking....yeeeees!!! I listen for awhile longer, he is saying... Ya it was pretty amazing, this gal traveled across America with internet friends. She was raising money for the guy that taught her how to ride.. I said, nice... he said...Ya...she'd only been riding 3 years... aparently these people she bought the bike from even took her in for a week and put her through a RIDE LIKE A PRO COURSE.... I said..yaaaa... he said...

yup pretty amazing and then he looked in the mirror, and then at me and said,... wow, she kinda looked like you, she was like from Campbell River.... I just smiled at him.........and said yes...

He jumped outa his chair so fast...turned around ... stuck out his hand, and said OMG...It is a pleasure to meet you!! you are her, aren't you???... This is fabulous, you are an inspiration, do you know that, to us guys even.. I'm like...ya... really?? So they say, but I just went for a ride!!
No, you didn't you did what all of us dream of doing.. I was like all nervous, he kept going on, and on, and I thought he was going to ask me for my autograph...lol
It tickles me pink that people think, that I did something so wonderful...ME???

The Palladinos and all the American crew and my Canadian biker friends are the wonderful ones. Amazing it all is!
Before he left he shook my hand again, and said.... this my friend, is awesome and I do believe it is going to take you places and I don't mean on the road. Some day I will ask you for an autograph.. He was a painter, and good things happened to him one day when he was discovered.. I chuckled and thought, only in my dreams, but hey, never stop dreaming, and get off your ass and write that book everyone is telling you to do!! Crikey, am I ready for another adventure.

How the hell can someone write a book that can't write, or spell, or come up with words that she is looking for???
Okay this only took 3 hours to write, and I have so much more to babble on about!!



My forum has gone crazy, a nice crazy. I try to keep up on mine and get over to WWR, DOC'S forum, but it keeps getting busier. Hers is too, since the Conga. Not that hers needed to be busier. She runs a damn fine forum and has a business to run, and people just love her, and she is my inspiration.



I have had no time to blog cause I get on the forum and can't get off. I have to say, I am loving it, meeting so many new people and getting closer to ones that I have met once or twice. Helping out the newbies that are so excited to get comfy riding.

We actually have a ride planned with a few of us girls to go help a couple of newbies to the forum and to riding this weekend. It will be a blast. We are off to Victoria on the other end of the Island.



Yesterday, I was desperate to add some bling to the bike. Bling is not an easy thing to find in this town for a HARLEY...Actually it is impossible I thought about what I wanted.. I don't usually like skulls. I checked the bike over and there was some cutsy little ones already on it so I thought, WHY NOT!! Skulls remind me of DEATH VALLEY AND TEXAS.

No comments: