Sunday, June 8, 2008

Headed to toward Yakima!!!!!

Okay I am still not very happy about having to ride all the way to Yukima Washington. It seemed like a long ride to me, in this cold. Everyone keeps saying just SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!! I couldn't believe it really. Dragon say.. Just one more day Flo, then I will let ya rest!
I'm thinking... If Motorman and Doc knew that he wouldn't be very happy with ya!! They have done everything humanly possible to get me home safe!!! Whatever... I will ride until, I can't , because I am getting stronger now, and not afraid to say no, or to keep going if I am not comfortable and feeling confindent. I refuse to put my bike down again.
Okay,... Got all my layers on again...Panzer came by and lent me his electric vest, which for some reason wouldn't work on my bike.
We were all getting ready to go load up the bikes, and we discovered ICE!!! ICE... on the seats, no way!! I could not believe that. I secrectly knew then. I would NOT BE RIDING LONG TO YUCKIMA!!
It was a beautiful, day if you were standing still, but the wind factor was keeping me cold to the bone. I was the one, that would pull over at the rest stops. to remind them, that we DON'T HAVE... to ride all the freeking way to Yuckima.... I was damn cold, and I would not make it unless I was warmer.
Dragon pulls up later.. beside me and says, ya need to pull over Flo???
Nope, keep going I thought, get me to Bend to a Harley Dealership to buy some warm clothes. Or electric gear. Then I MAY consider a ride to Yuckima that seems so important to you..
They were all great at the dealership. I was wondering at that time how I was going to pay for all this warm stuff. I have a credit card issue and was running out of cash. They didn't have an ATM of course, and for some strange reason mine never works on this trip.
Dragon was helping out big time, tryin to fix me up and get me warm. I wasn't looking at prices of anything. I just wanted to be warm!!
I told them my issues of cash and credit card, but my dear friend Donnathedoc, had gave me a credit card the day I left in case I got in trouble. I didn't use it and tried not too, but Cold is an issue with me. And these freeks...lol want me in Yuckima!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Doc, for your help once again. I asked the people at the Dealership if they were familiar with RIDE LIKE A PRO?? She said yes I am, and I told here that she was my girlfriend that lent me her card. Wow, you are luck to have got to ride and get to know them.. I asked if she wanted to call Doc, and she said, nope, no problem.
So here I am...$650 bucks later, with extra half inch high boots. Warm toasty, wind stopper (absolute must) better than electric vest. New coat, and gloves.. Whooo hoo!! Let's ride to Yuckima!!! We are riding through town, and pull up to a smooooth stop, and Draggie looks at me... ya warm Flo??? Ya must be your freekin coat is open!!!! lol.. I was warm.
The winds were picking up good. The curves getting curvier, something is wrong....Dragon is slowing down, she is all over the road in her Sporty.. I look up farther in advance and Sandown nearly hits the guard rail. Hmmmm.... It is windy but I hardly was feeling it except the occasional big gust. Still warm and toasty.... lets ride.
It was gas time, and those poor friends of mine were cold....teee heee heee...The first thing Draggie says is....I NEED A BIGGER BIKE!!! I WANT A ROADKING!
I decided, by then I am ready to keep riding, none of the lolly gaggin around, let's go!! But Draggie is missing, why is she always on that damn phone talking to her Boy Toys, when we are suppose to be riding..... to YUCKIMA!!!
We only had about an hours ride to YUCKIMA... the winds were dying down, man I was toasty still and could have road for hours..
Draggin and I were just cruising along the highway big smiles on our faces... The panzers were trailing behind. I knew if Yakima was even another two hours away instead of 20 miles, I could have continued riding. I actually was feeling pretty confident with my warm clothes and high boots.

To be continued.....

No comments: