Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday 13th June 4 days being home from Conga!

Yike.. I decided this morning when I got up, if the sun was shining. I was going to wash the Queen and take her for a ride. I just looked at the calender and not sure if today is such a good day to do that.
I am a little nervous of going to jump back in the saddle. I have not ridden since Monday the day we arrived back in Canada in the rain storm. I do have all the luggage taken off and the saddlebacks empty. I am looking forward to that part, riding for the first time without all the luggage.
Dragon/Jenn is suppose to be coming up from Duncan which is about 2 hours away. I am going to meet her in the middle if all goes well.
I haven't done much at all since I have been home other than catch up on my forums a little and my blog.

I have decided to continue keeping the blog of my adverntures with the Queen this summer. Also of stuff that has happened because of this trip.

Today I recieved a couple of vest pins from Kaye in Tennesse. She is the gal that gave me the pink balls, and rides the same ride as me. It was her place where I had my own little cabin, and she grounded me for the day off the bike. Thanks Kaye!! My vest is looking good now!

I am still waiting for my inspection paper so I can get the bike insured. They said the faxed it to me so it should be hear today. She will all be legal soon. You know when I think back it wasn't so hard as everyone said it was going to be to export a bike into Canada. Hell if Flo can do it anyone can!!

Might have to go for a RIDE LIKE A PRO CLASS every year or two.!!! Buy a new bike and rider home..
Maybe I can do that as a business, by bikes and ride them home, visit my friends, take the course...lol okay Im getting carried away again.

I had the inspection done...That was a piece of cake, read the VIN, see if it matches, sign it and poof!!! done!!

Off to the insurance, and that is when it costs. $1300.00 for 6 months. I had to pay PST of just over $300.00 Ya know they get ya where ever ya go..
Paid taxes in Florida and come home and pay taxes again. Some times it doesnt pay to screw around with the prices either, say ya paid this intead of that.. What ever you say you paid for that... You can only insure it for....
So if something were to happen, it is not insured for it's true value..

Had a few drools happening around the bike when I was gettin it inspected. Then we were out side the Tatoo parlor next to the insurance and everyone was ooo'n and awwwin... I thought crikey.. I better pull outa here smooth.
My girlfriends says.. Ya kill me Flo, ya jist rode yur ass off for 6000 miles and now your are afraid... Silly Newfie!!!
Going for a ride now to meet some Dragon on the freeway!!

No comments: