Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day at the Boarder..last day of Cong Ride!

That day June 9th

I was getting ready

to head to the boarder. I feel sad, happy, excited, nervous. We were up at 6am, to get ready and be one of the first to get in line.

It was cloudy and dim looking out side. Just the way I felt! I was sure it was going to clear up....NOT!!

We got away later than expected, as I had to do a little posting to let everyone know where we were and if we were on schedule. Dragon of course was doing the leading. I think we got there around 9 am.


All the paper work went pretty smooth. At first I just looked at the paper work and started to get totally frustrated. There were 3 other guys bringing in bikes too. I looked at them and they were just as frustrated as me. I hate filling out forms. I would ruin 3 forms before I got it right and probably still wouldn't get it right. Blingo was with me, as I thought I would have to borrow his credit card. He even said, God, this is ridiculous. So I got my little lost look with a pout on and walked over to this nice lady. Said...Excuse me Miss, I am really frustrated here. I just rode 6000 miles to bring my bike home and am having a rough time figuring this form out. Any chance you would be so kind as to help me??

She did!! I had to pay 315.00 duty!!! Not bad!!

I have to pay $204.00 online, to register the VIN number. Then when I take the bike to Canadian Tire for the inspection, hopefull in a couple days. I really should do it before the rain starts. I would hate to ride her the first time in the rain. My insurance runs out in a week. Then of course it is going to cost for new insurance. I best get my sorry butt back to work.

We were only at the Boarder for about an hour. I thought that was pretty good. So when they let me go, to pass through the Canadian boarder, believe it!!! I got lost. I was by myself. I started to drive through to the American boarder where they were coming in..Crikey, leave me a lone for a minute, and I get lost!! Unbelievable. The guy gave me this NASTY FROWN!! That was when I did my best dang lean and got the heck outa there. I have always had trouble going one way on the bike when it is pointed in the other direction. But I did it!! Doc was on my shoulder that time, as I had sent her a private email, to give me instructions on how to do it on this big heavy rig!!

We round up the gang and ride on throught the CANADIAN BOARDER!!

There to meet us was Willi and BCBIKER GUY!! Another new person I had never met before, but is a regular on the VILR forum. We were to catch the 11:30 ferry. Willi and Vic, were going to ride to the Island with us. Because of the rain, Willi decided it wouldn't be a good idea. I am glad she had enough sense to make that desicion. She invited us to all stay at her place but everyon was actious to get home. We were hoping it was going to back off a little that nasty rain.


We had a lovely breaky and tons of laughs talking about how the day was going.


We new the Achannel news was to be at the other end and wanted to be there. I was nervus as hell thinking about talking to them, but glad for the opportunity. I really wanted to plug the Palladinos and RIDE LIKE A PRO. I succeeded!! They deserve it let me tell ya!! I really think that one day we can get them up this way. That is my next dream!! Just got to plan it out in my head when I find my brain again. Heck they could fly...We could come up with some bikes for them to ride. I know of a good one for sure. Okay, so I am gettin off track alittle!!


We headed out in the pissing down rain.... Got to the ferry and waited for awhile and no ferry came. So we asked and they told us 3:15... we were NOT HAPPY about that.

Something funny happened at the ferry. They have like a mini mall under cover, all these shops and stuff. The washrooms are in there. I go marchin into the washroom and it was huge. I walked straight in, and thought... When did they start putting urinals in ladies room?? I glanced down the line of urinal and crap.,, there was a man using it!! I said shit!! He looks up and says calmly...Ya lost lady??? I turn around running and in came a guy and looked at me and said.. Hey lady ya lost?? Unreal, leave me alone for a minute and I get lost. I guess maybe that is why my friends and family didnt want to ride across state!!



I can't remember who, but I am sure it was Jos, was keeping in close contact. I guess there was emails, and phone calls and people waiting at the ferry. It was along time waiting and we were all drenched and drained. Even through it all there was lots of laughs reminiscing about the day gone by!

We finally get on to the ferry and it is one and half hours more waiting. I passed out for a short while.


Okay I am really freaking nervous now!! Getting on the ferry was okay, but now I had to get off. It was raining harder than it was when we get on. Can't see nothing, and I know that the news is waiting on the side of the road. Are they going to film the STOP AND DROP!! And what on earth am I going to say. I hope I get it right!

I didn't drop! I wobble, and walked slightly...Sorry Motorman! Then there was Lisa, how nice was that. She was one of the gals in the interview. I had ridden once with Lisa at the end of the season last year. Great gal and she just finished a trip to Alaska. I can see us doing some riding in the not too far future. Thanks for being there girlfriend. You looked awesome on the interview. Thanks for the offer on the over niter too. I sure wish I had taken your up on that. But, we thought it was going to rain for days!! All I could think of at this time was getting the Queen home safely in one piece. Bet you and Draggie had a great night!


Then this strange lady comes up and gives me a huge hug and big smack on the cheeks.. I'm wondering who is that?? A closer look, another Internet friend, who organized the media...Jossie.. Sure was great meeting you, and thanks for all the work you did!! You also looked and sounded fantabulous on the news. Your hubby Vic, took some great pics!! Thanks for coming out and I can't wait to ride up and see you or just ride with you. We are going to organize a PICK UP CHICKS RIDE...soon!!!


The media followed us to our next stop as they were taping the ride there. We pulled up to the first intersection for a stop. I have no idea who started it, I think Blingo, and he started to rev it up, then, BigE, Me,and who ever else was riding. Even the new media was revving up there vehicle. A pretty sight, and it sure put smiles on our faces. We were gettin close to the end and it was feeling good.


It was Timmy's I believe. We invaded the place and were messing it right up with all our wet clothes dripping away.


Before I entered the building this lady was walking towards me with an umbrella with a grin on her face. It didn't take me long and I realized it was LD..the mortician...lol.. I been trying to hook up with her for a year and it hadn't happened till now. She brought her cage, just in case any of needed to unload. At this point I just screamed... and started to laugh.. Finally... what a way to meet another Internet stranger. I was hoping she didn't bring the cage, as part of her job. Worrying that I wouldn't make it.. Just kidding LD. Thank you so much for tail gunning us to where ever it was Mark picked us up.. I couldn't see well enough to remember. Qualicum I think! Ya know I felt safer having you behind us.. I can't wait to have a real ride with you. When you aren't on that damn pager lets plan the Island Pick up Chicks! Great finally meeting you.


Off we go into the wild windy wet water!! I know I wasn't doing the speed limit. Again... I was starting to think I am not going to make it!! I could cry all I wanted and no one would know...and I did!!

Blingo pulled up beside me and said...YA OKAY SIS!! I have to say. .. I said..NO I AM NOT OKAY..I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS RAIN. I CAN'T SEE..I CANT FINISH!! I can't believe I rode past Parksville where my sister lives and would have taken good care of me...lol

It was too late. Carl said loud...YES YOU CAN, AND YOU WILL MAKE IT!! YOU ARE THE IRON WOMAN!!!

I sure didn't feel like it that was for sure.

All of a sudden I see a Spyder pull out off the side of the road.. Crikey, Mark did say come hell or high water he was going to finish the Conga off!! He certainly did... I was never so happy to see a spyder in all my life. Just that extra support meant so much at that moment. My Bro's started honking and so did I and so did Mark and off we went. Course that made me even more emotional. Hell's bells, it my ride, and I can cry if I want too!!!

That is where LD left us somewhere after that, not sure where. Once she knew we were being tail gunned by Mark.

It was slow going.. I am sure I weighed and extra 100 lbs from all the water. I was freezing so bad, that my bike would start to shake. I knew it was getting dangerous but it HTBD!! At one point Mark pulls up and says do you want to go for coffee and I said no.. it will end up being a stop and drop for sure this time.

We continued on and I have no idea how fast I was going because I couldn't see. The pinging of the rain drops was killing my eyes. Mascara was burning them. I remember thinking..That damn mascara. Won't ya ever learn..lol

I would rather be riding in Texas or Death Valley than freezing a hurting so bad in my own country.

All of a sudden, I saw a small light at the end of the tunnel.. Way down the road, I spotted the sun shine.. A clear spot in the sky. I was thinking is it possible to have sunshine in Courtenay, which was about 30 miles.


As one of my Conga sisters says....

I PULLED UP MY GRANNY PANTIES AND BROUGHT OUT THE INNER BIKER CHICK!!!

I gunned er... I was given it...All 3 boys gave me the thumbs up and had a big grin on their faces. At one point Blingo pulls up and Says...Hey sis.. good on ya, but ya need to slow down, so ya do make, its wet!!

I guess I was loosing it there.

Finally I get to Courtenay which is were Blingo lives and he says lets go to Chevron for a quick coffee before I go home. Okay I can do that.. I guess


When I pulled in there were 394 SCRC.

FRANK-GINO-KATHY-JUDY

They were holding up a Welcome home sign for me. It was incredible.. The camaraderie right to the end.

Kathy right away got us all a hot chocolate, Gino took my socks and boots off and put on Eric's huge runners on my feet. Frank had a blanket for me, Judy had a nice warm car and a heated seat. Mark had a cheque to pay for the STATES I had ridden. He missed a couple but that is okay, because he gave me the biggest surprise was yet to come....

HE RODE LA REINA HOME FOR ME!!!

My God, that was so awesome as I really didn't know how I would do it. We had a great visit, in a short time. Laughing and vibrating all of us riders. I know he was just as cold and wet as I was.

You be the man Mark.

KUDDO'S TO Jude, Kathy, Gino, Frank.. Wow.. I don't know how long you were there, I can't remember everything that day. But I hope you know how blessed I felt having you there. Thank you.

I need to start adding up the fundraiser part, I know there is over $1000.00, and there is still a few things being auctioned off.

It was a nice warm an fuzzy ride home for me. I felt bad for BigE and Spydy, but they were smiling when they arrive.

I could not get in the shower fast enough!!! It was hard leaving enough water for BigE. I cranked up the heat in the house and nearly baked us through the night.

I was absolutely amazed when i went on the forum of the hundreds of post and what was going on. All the people in the US staying up late to make sure I made it. We got home at 10pm. So it would have been 1 am down there!

CRAZY!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

No comments: