Monday, June 16, 2008

Been home a week now!! June 16


THE FUHR FACTOR-BLINGO-FLO-BIGE


Me and La Reina!!! Vancouver Island, Fanny Bay

Sitting Pretty!

THE FUHR FACTOR-BLINGO-FLO-BIGE
Holy Moly, a week has gone by since I finished the Conga. Not sure where to start.. First and foremost......I haven't dropped the Queen. I haven't had any close calls!!
Secondly, she got her first bath, I mean real bath. I had to get 4 layers of crap off her. Topped in with DEATH VALLEY DUST, More like little pieces of glass. Mud, the white walls were black. Sand down behind the stereo. It took me 4 hours of scrubbing and still needs to be pampered more. It is definitely not up to standards, of MOTORMAN OR BLINGO..Or me for that matter. But it was time to ride!!
I am sure my friend MOTORMAN is probably wondering...when, where or if it is going to happen. I am getting very comfy with her now.. Not afraid to venture out alone. Crikey I sound like a newbie rider.
I shouldn't be it's getting close to 6,500 miles not kilometers.
I have had the bars pulled up a little when I took the stereo off to clean it. I thought I would have to get new bars. But it appears this might work. I still miss the wide handle bars of my X Blinga.

I have sat on her numerous times, and man, the fit, I do so miss. My bro's won't even let me take her for a little spin.... I still do love her!
They say...."Step away from the X"
Anyway, I am going to take my lovely seat in and see what the upholsters say if it can be dug out a little. Then I will take my boots in and add 3/4 of an inch. Lowering it will be my last option. I don't want to do that.
Motorman tells me it will ruin the performance of the bike in turns. Probably hit bottom on speed bumps. Even with the height, I am feeling comfy except when it comes to parking in a tight line with other bikes. I did do it yesterday and got a big thumbs up from the Bro's. I think it is just a fear of hitting another bike.

My stops are almost perfect every time!!!!!!!!!!

When I parked her yesterday there was just the 3 of us, and I didn't think it out too much, other than... I hear Doc saying...lean it!! Don't be afraid to lean.Throttle, show the bitch who's boss...That is my favorite saying in my mind when it comes to the Queen.

I rode all weekend with my Bros and Dragon. Also ran into Spyerman, the guy who rescued me at the end of the Conga. He told me again, what a emotional moment it was for him riding the Queen home for me that day. He let me take the Spyder for a ride too!!

Blingo jumped on the Queen and took her for a Riiiip, down the road, came back with a smile and said...Ya know Sis, If I didn't work at a Honda Dealership, I could see me riding this. Now that is something...Cus he sure likes his big VTX!

We met with Jossie, Vic in Qualicum on Sunday. yike there was a show and shine of cars and the place was packed. I had to move it and was going to whip it in to a spot.....No can do.. No problem though as it sat out there for everyone to see...tee hee.. I have to admit, it is kinda cool, people drooling on her!!
This one couple there were all over her, and I walked towards her. they said "Is that your bike?" Yup it is!! The woman was my age and said how on earth??
Long story short, I told her my long story!! She was impressed and so was he.. Blingo says hey sis ya want me to move it for ya???
Not!!!! All nervous I pulled outa there like I knew what I was doing in a tight spot!
We all rode to Rath trevor and had a pic taken. Great day was had by all. Draggie Vic Jos left, and the FUHR FACTOR headed back to Campbell River.

We went to the fishing pier, for icecream, and lined the bikes up nicely the Queen in the middle. Along comes another couple and says...NICE BIKES!!
I told here thanks very much, which one do you like best??
"But of course the one in the middle she said"

We only rode for awhile today it was chilly. So far this week I put on 450 miles. Not bad for just riding across America a week ago. There would have been more if the weather cooperates.
Since I have gotten back things have changed alot on the VILR forum. It has become very busy. We are honored to have Donnathedoc, from Ride Like a Pro, be assistant manager. Even MOTORMAN makes the odd post! I have had hundreds of posts on all sorts of subjects. New people coming, lots of ideas, and have ridden with people I have never talked to before.
It is still as busy as ever for me on this computer. People are encouraging me to write a book. I hope I find away. It certainly wouldn't be about a woman riding across america, but the main thing, would be about the comeraderie of interenet friends and bikers. The caring of people. This is still a very nice world we live in!!
The fund raiser has raised almost $1700 and my goal is to get to $2000 by August. We will be donating the money to cancer in memory of the man who taught me how to ride, when I first learned. His name is Rod Wiseman from Comox Valley School of Driving. There will be a memorial ride put on by his wife in August.
Many thanks to all who have helped out!!

No comments: