Friday, May 23, 2008

Time with Vi and Cindi!! Wed May 24th

Off we went, Vi, Cindi,as Highpriest couldn't make it as she was sick. So Vi came all the way down early as I was suppose to be dropped of at her place.
We never got very far on our bikes and got caught in a rain storm. The girls saw it coming. It just looked like abig ol dark cloud to me. They decided we weren't going anywhere. So we hung out under the garage where we filled up.
Holy Crikey when the lightning struck it lit up the sky. Then the skys opened up!! Wide!! We were standing there talking and I thought it was massvive guns shots that went off, but it was lighting!!! I have NEVER hear lighting like that before. I thought to myself, this is it, our first leg and I am going to be riding in the rain, with out rain gear!!! They promised me it was going to go away with in half an hour, and it did and got hot and sunny again. Bazzar!!!
We rode to Richmond Hill where Vi lives, Cindi lives not too far away, and off she went. It was really nice meeting her and putting a face to her WWR name. Cindi rides a Victory Vision. What an awesome ride she has. She owns Renegade Leather in Savana.
I met Bruce, Vi's husband, very nice guy, even tho, I didn't spend much time with him. We dropped(put, not dropped) the bikes in the garage and Vi took me to bike week where we went for dinner and had a beer won a t-shirt each, and off too home to sleep.
We left Vi's house at 9am..She is a very good road leader and knows where she is going most of the time. We were to meat Micheal in Metter and didn't arrive on time, which of course meant we werent going to be on time meeting Sunflowers.
The reason we weren't on time was we had to take a quick scoot over to pic up the t-shirts we won, and of course snag the corner of South Carolina. For some few extra bucks for the fundraiser I am doing. Ha!!!
Now Mark, and Willi this is for you, I didn't buy anything in SC, but you will see a pick of me standing by the sign, hope that counts. Went outa my way for ya!!
We arrive at Madison Georgia where they had been waiting patiently for 2 hours. Met Dale her husband visited a short while, took some more pics, and head towards Ellijay. Things went with out hitch other than we got misplaced for a short while. No sweat Sun called her hubby and he looked at the map. I do have my GSP that dear Doc gave me.. But after riding 10 hours at this time none of us had the brains to use it. Easier to call home.
Okay so by this time the sun is going down, and its getting chilly. By the time we got to Wolfies Mountain, we were FREEZIN, TIRED, LOOSING IT!! Crawlin, can't see very good anymore, just really looking forward to the
DRIVE WAY OF DOOM ON WOLFIES MOUNTAIN!!
Wolfie came to meet us gals which was onl 2 miles away, 2 long miles at this point. Back ache, cold, don't wanna do anything scarey at night!!
HTBD..HAD TO BE DONE!!
So off we go, and I have to day, after what we had just done, I swear I was going to go down, took every freekin muscle I had left in my body to make it over them pottlholes and grass...and RABBITS.. I nearly killed a rabbit!!
But... I did it!!
Sweet Holl was standing there at the door waiting to greet us gals, feed us and put us to bed. That was around 9:30
I didin't think I was going to make it till 10:00
Anyway,we stayed up a couple hours and then me and Sun got on line, reading posts. You all are so wonderful, posting away being all concerned about me. I think about everyone and wish I could post more. Knowin you all are with me makes me smile.

Wishin you could be with me!!
Now I won't be able to post pics for awhile unfortunately but hopefully everyone who I meet has a couple pics of the conga crew for ya. and updates incase getting to the puter doesn't happen. I lost my office back in Florida.
So today is the DAY WE SLAY THE DRAGON!!

At least at this point we are suppose too. Everyone is still hurtin and the weather isn't lookin to good. Sunflower is still sleepin. Vi is posting, I am bloggin, Holl is sortin out the clothes I am suppose to be pickin up.

By the way, some gal out of Newfoundland..I want to thankyou for the vest you bought of Holl for me to put all my pins on. Thankyou that was very kind of you. I will wear it proudly. I have 3 pins now and one from Newfoundland.
It is 9:00 am and we are suppose to be on our way. We are running late again.

You all have a good day, while we go...
SLAY THE DRAGON!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a blast!!
re: running late. Hon, don't worry about it. If you start stressing about running late then you'll never enjoy yourself ~ or (more importantly) listen to your body when it says I NEED A REST DAY!!! Listen to the aches and pains and if the body says it needs to rest - THEN REST! Fatigue can build up over time and be the worst enemy you have. Take care of yourself, Tanis. We need you home safe and sound. Enjoy yourself and as Peter Fonda in Wild Hogs said "......lose the watch."
Luv ya girl
Travel safe. Ride well.

Unknown said...

Great write up Flo, it's wonderful to enjoy your trip with you through your blog. (but Wed was the 21st I think?)