Sunday, May 18, 2008

Flo Rlap Class Sunday May/18


Off we go to ride like a pro!! What an exilerating day for me!! I didn't actually ride with all the riders. I was glad after yesterday and slaughtering all of Motormans balls!!

I sure enjoyed it and paid attention. Jerry got me to stand by him and watch as he was instructing. They had 14 students, they sure didn't need to worry about another. Man they work hard.

HippieJohn, helps with the course too. He is a great rider also. While they were taking a break, Hippie was kind enough to take me aside for awhile to do the lean, the weave. Not doing to good. Felt like I was handling the friction zone better, but knew I had a long way to go to do it in the parking lot with the cones.

The course was 4 hours long and I watched and listened. I could see what others were doing wrong and heard Motormans coments.

It's quite simple really...

HEAD AND EYES, THROTTLE, CLUTCH, NO FRONT BREAK ON SLOWMANUVERS!

If it so easy then why is no one getting it?? Well not no one, but most were having troubles. I kept telling myself... Pay attention, this is your most valuble day here. Suck it up!!! You gotta long haul home Flo and Motorman says you are by far ready!

Doc does her part and shows them all up. I know what they are thinking....If that little thing can do it...so can I!! I know I was. Doc even says the same words..Flo if I can do it you can!!

The course is finished, everyone improved so much, it was unreal!! One older guy porbably in his 70's dropped his bike at least 7 times.. He wasn't giing up and neither was I going too..

Giving up for me is shipping the bike home!! Nope no me, gotta do it. So everyone is mingling around getting their certifates and buying dvd's. I walked up to Motorman, and said...Would it be okay if I went and practised out there alone for awhile... You bet, he said, go do that slow weave where the balls used to be.
Balls to you Motorman!! LMAO! I went and did it once and thought hey, I did it..No one is watching and I am not gonna look, only where I want to go!

I am going over to the intersection set up. That is 4 U-turns at one after another. Of course in the friction zone. I couldn't believe it, hearing his voice earlier... Head up... look where you want to go..throttle back break...clutch! I was doing it!!! Holy shit...I was doing it, so I rode down to the other end of the lot, only looking where I wanted to go. I went and did the circle...I was doing it!!! Whipped around and did the cone weave and back to the circle going the other way...looking where I wanted to go.

Now I wanted to try the DREADED FIGURE 8!!! Everyone hates the figure eight!! I was doing it, only looking where I wanted to go. Look down, ya go down!! I ain't going down!! I ain't looking anywhere other than where I want to go!!!

I was doing it!!!Then all of a sudden I heard the WHOOO HOOOS...LOOK AT FLO...SHE'S DOIN IT!!! Doc is giving me the thumbs up, and yells...Yur riding like a Pro Flo!! I heard and saw Motorman, with a big smile..Your doing it Flo, my eyes are getting misty!!!
Whewwww!!!! I was sweating bullets of course, my mouth dryer than a popcorn fart!! Pull up side Eileen , and parked it. She was like Hi, I'm Eileen, are you ever riding good!! I said....I think even Motorman, thinks I am!!

Eileen says, I heard Motorman say...He was very proud of you.. Holy Crap, even coming second hand. I said I will take that!

Then I walked up to Jerry and said, well??? He said, you're makin me proud Flo!! You were riding like a pro!!! You earned your shirt..rlap!!

What a proud day!!!!!!!!!! He's says he now has confidence I willl make it home safe to Canada!!!




So then

5 comments:

willi said...

^5 Babe!!!! Way to go :-D

Anonymous said...

Wow Flo.. you look awesome.. Makes me want to get out in a parking lot and practice my slow maneuvers. Looking good girl :o)
Rhonda (shadowlady)

Flo said...

Thanks Willi, Iam pretty proud myself.RLAP

Flo said...

Hey Rhonda, after meeting Motorman and Doc...I know the practise practise practise, is definetly the key! Even after you get comfy. Jerry says once a week in some parking lot will help alot. Gonna take his advice!

Anonymous said...

hey girl! KNEW you'd do it! So awesome. You should be proud of what you're doing!
Lookin' forward to seeing you back on home turf and tellin' stories around the campfire at the Camperee!!
Ride Hard. Travel Safe!
LD