Sunday, May 25, 2008

Slaying The Dragon! May 23 Friday

We left Wolfies mountain at 9:am. Mr. & Mrs Wolfie, Vi, Flo, Sunflower! For some reason that Driveway of Doom, didn't look so bad. There were no rabbits to run over either. Wolfie takes the lead.

We are off to Murphy North Carolina, to meet up with Gypsie-UEee-Beth-Danny-Gene-Shelly. It was so cool to pull up to that gas station and see another 6 bikes. I saw them and recognized them all right away. Big hugs all around. Like we had known each other before. Amazing that you can be such good friends from just the internet. Amazing, I was going to slay the Dragon with all these fine American people. The roads getting there were awesome too. Nice twisties and beautiful scenery all through the Smokey Mountains.
Vi decided she wasn't ready to Slay the Dragon, also Holl, so they took the Cadilac and tail gunned us all the way.
I know why UEee got his name UEee. He likes Uees!! That's okay, sudden U-turns just add more to the story. There was a sign that said Lovers Lane and we thought he had a last minute change of heart. Really he made the wrong turn, so Flo conintues on, as it was a sudden change, and instead of having an oops and going down, I went ahead, did a Ueee, on a bit of a hill, trying to turn it around on a soft shoulder.

Sunflower decides to come check on me and follows suit. Here last words to me, were, "Ya'll okay Flo" ...Sun goes down....New knick for her...Not Sunflower, but Sundown!! No harm done, they boys help her pic up her bike.
On we go looking for the Dragon.......... Can't remember how far we went, but I am saying to myself...hmmm, this must be the Dragon, as holy Crikey, there is some hairpin turns here, and I am scrapin the floorboards....So we come up to this stop finally and UEee says...Okay, Flo here we go, to Slay the Dragon. I said, shit, I thought we just did it!!!
We pull up to the look out get some awesome pics of everyone, and Sunflower gets bit in the cheek by I am sure a bee.. Just another little ISSUE!!
We are all wearing our ISSU-TSHIRTS.. that Doc gave us.. She was going to be with us, so we had some cool pics taken for her.
It was only 11 miles but had 318 curves, it earned its name, and I am proud to say I SLAYED THE DRAGON!! Got a kewl pic taken by Kilboy, and I have to buy it on line.
We got finished way later than planned but probably a good thing as there wasn't as many bikes and vehicles on that road as usual. All worn out and now dark, and cold we had still aways to go. We kept asking UEee how long...Only 10 minutes!! Right UEee, those were the longest dang 10 minutes, and 10 minutes. As we were getting ready to leave the parking lot...Mrs Wolfie put her bike down. Oh dear 2 in one day!! Off we get going, and I start duck walking my bike. Definetly not Riding Like a Pro this evening all I want is to be home, just like everyone else. We were all done!!! I nearly put my down, but managed, barely not to.

We finally got back to Gypsie and UEee's for a down home burger night with all the fixins... Love Gypsies baked beans, and potatoe salad, and UEee makes a mean burger!! They have a great home, and took us all in. Beth and Danny left that night..
You should hear her accent,...way to cute. I mean all these people talk funny, some have stronger accents than others. But they all make me laugh. They tell me I talk funny!!
We were all to leave at 9 am the next day, but we were all worn out from the Dragon and got a late start hitting the road. Gypsie made us a real nice breaky, to get us started!!
Holl and Wolfie, left first!! Gypsie, UEee, me, Sun, Dale, Vi all took off at the same time, and Vi left out on her own to return back home also.
We put 234 miles on the Day of the Dragon.
Saying good by was not easy to all these wonderful folk. So SunFlower and Dale go there way, and Flo, Gypsie, UEee, ride off to the next destination to meet up with Kaye/MoChrome.

Pictures to be posted at later date!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that freaking bubble bee hurt like a mother hitting me at 40mph, plus stinging me!!! I SO enjoyed riding the dragon with you GF!!! You done great...looked like a pro for your 1st time....You know it was Wolfies, Beths and Dannys 1st time too right?
WE ARE THE DRAGON SLAYERS!!!!!

Flo said...

I know that sucker hurt ya.. Didn't ruin your cute face none tho.It was a blast riding with you and I will never forget that day. Love the pics eh?? I didn't realize it was their first time too.. WE ARE THE DRAGON SLAYERS WITH ISSUES!! LMAO

Anonymous said...

Oh girls! Dont you know that you extend your ride indefinitely by simply doing U-turns? A hint for those looking to do Ueeess in the mountains- never ever do a UEeee on a pitched road! Never ever! Had a great time with all of you on the Dragon! Yall did excellent and without any assistance from the Medi-Vac helicopter, which is more than some dragon-slayer-wanna-bees can say!

Enjoyed.......UEee (but never on a pitched road!)