Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hooking up with Miram in Louisiana-Tues 27

Kay and I left the farm at 7 am to meet Miram and then I was to go to Texas to meet Monte! It was a beautiful morning!! It was only to be 3 hours to meet Miram. We weren't too late, but things weren't looking good weather wise at all. Decisions were to be made. We definitely were not going to Texas. Kaye had to go back home already missed a days work, and now she is going to miss 2.

If we booted it we could beat the storm and make it back to Mirams in Louisiana before the storms struck. I was worried about Kaye, but she made it back. We walked in the door to Mirams and 10 minutes later the skies opene up. Whewww!!!

I guess things are meant to be, as I am catching up on my blog and emails and posts. I did ride almost 300 miles in spite of it all. I have now rode just over 2000 miles and 8 states. Suppose to do Texas tomorrow, and from what everyone is telling me it is like 3 states long and never ends. And HOT! Tomorrow I meet another WWR sista!!
We are to leave at 6 am, and apparently the storms don't start till early afternoon.
Keeping my fingers crossed for no storms. Some towns have been completely wiped out in Alabama.

3 comments:

Bea Meston said...

Hope you get this message, sis. Just wanted you to know that I am following your blog daily and am much more confidante about your abilities to arrive home safely. Sounds like this is a once in a lifetime experience and you have made some lifelong friends. You are a true inspiration. Way to go, girl! I am so proud and envious of you. Look forward to seeing you soon. Safe riding...love sister Bea

Flo said...

Hey Bea, nice to see you over here. I am in good hands where ever I have been. yes, I have me some life long friends here. I am planning to do the Ladies Breast Cancer run the day after I get back. hope to see you.
Love you!!
P>S> Check out my forum for more info.

Kaye said...

What a trip, EH? (OMG - Flo's accent has rubbed off on ME!!) LOL

Now that I can look back and take a longer look at all the circumstances that shaped our ride, I wouldn't change a thing. (Well, maybe leave out that baby tornado we rode through!!) Even if our "schedule" was doomed from the start, we made the right decisions and I'm proud of both of us for doing the right thing and NOT listening to that silly 18 year old who kept saying "Hell yeah, go for it!" LMAO

All the delays kept us safe and gave us more time to spend together, so I would say everything went great after all! ;-)

Wishing you continued good riding and I'll be following you ALL THE WAY!!! (((Hugs)))

Kaye > Mo' Chrome