Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hello to All!


I just recieved this email from my DH..Rob, he aske me if he could post this letter to ya'll!!!


Hello to all:

This is Rob, Flo’s partner in time. Have been following the events leading up to Flo’s great adventure and I have to say it been with great trepidation from the beginning. A lone woman riding 3500 miles across America. What man in his right mind would not be anxious?? And if you knew Flo like I know Flo, you would need drugs to sleep at nite.

Not to say that she is incapable of such an event. In fact I would say that she is likely the most tenacious woman I know, capable of anything she sets out to do. Her German genes give her that. You know what they say” You can always tell a German but ya can’t tell them much”. But she is truly a seat off the pants kind of Gal with the utmost faith in human nature. What I am saying is she is not big on details and does not share my skepticism when it comes to people. That’s not a bad thing I must add.

Now as I follow the event as it unfolds in her blog I am seeing a wonderful thing happen. A coming together of people of like minds. A camaraderie the likes of which is not all that common. Bikers in general do look out for each other but this is another level above that. My anxieties are fading into obscurity and I am now cheering for the home team.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to all that have stepped up to the plate and are ready to help make Flo’s “Conga Line” a reality. I can’t be there in person but believe me, I am with you all in spirit.

While I bob around out in the Gulf of Alaska I only ask one thing of you all. Remind her once in a while to email that old man of the sea and update him. I am not totally without anxieties and a few emails from the road will help get rid of the last of those.

Again I thank all involved in helping Flo achieve her dream.

Special thanks to Donna and Jerry Palladino for their support and the “Road Queen” without which none of this would have begun.

Perhaps one day I will get a chance to have Flo introduce me to ya"ll. Till then ride safe and have fun!


P.S. I promise to email ya honey... Love you ...Flo

6 comments:

willi said...

Aw shucks, get me the Kleenex! Sniff, sniff. What a great guy - and what a great read. Somebody obviously loves and appreciates yah a whole lot, Flobee, my girl.

{{{HUGS}}} to both of yah!

Josee D said...

Yippee for you Flo... he's a keeper.

Flo said...

Yup...Keeper!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you Rob! I knew Flo was married, but never heard about you....Was wondering if she had made that up? Just kidding!!!!
I am SO eager to meet her...she will be coming my way this thur..May 22nd, Im in Ga. I will be riding up to Ellijay and NC to slay the dragon with her....
thanks for your introduction....And...hows the fish bitten?

Anonymous said...

Rob, what a heartfelt and well written posting about Tannis. I couldn't have described her better myself. I can't imagine how anxious you must be way out at sea, wondering how her journey is going and not being there with her. I hope she knows how lucky she is to have you in her life, not only as her partner, but also as her mentor. It truly overwhelms me when I read all the postings and see the support she has through the Internet, the whole length of her journey.

I wish I could be there, Tannis, when you arrive at the border. You deserve a standing ovation....Bea

Flo said...

Thanks sis.. yes I am lucky for having him. Also for having all these wonderful people riding this journey with me. I am riding the Grand Canyon tomorrow. Follow this and maybe you will be there to give me a big hug the day I arrive.
Hugs...Tannis