Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time with MoChrome Kay-Tennessee Sat/May 24

Saturday we were to meet with Kaye, I can't remember what time it was suppose to be. All I know is we were about 4 hours late!! Do to some picture taking, a late start, and a U-turn by UEee for a helmet... I know UEee it was for me and I really appreciate that!
At this point I had ridden, 1000 miles, with this nice helmet, that Miram hadgiven me. It had the American design of the flag on it. I wanted to wear it badly as i was proud to be with all my American riding buddies, and it was a gift. Only one problem, it didn't fit properly and was chewing up my ears. So I had to have a new one. I also bought my first piece of chrome with an American flag attatched to add to the back of the bike. I want a Canadian one on the other side, when I get to Canada.
I believe the name of the Park was Fall Creek Park, where Kaye, her husband Phillip and a friend Gary were patiently waiting. At least it was a beautiful park, and the riding through there was full of twisties. Good ones.

As soon as we passed them, they recognized me, on my Queen, as Kaye rides the same bike and close to same paint job. So he comes to catch up with us and by the time he got there, Gypsie and my bikes were laying there on their sides..
Yup...another downer...2 more Drop Sisters. Only thing, was I am at fault for Gypsie going down. I was parked on a hill pointed right, wanting to go left and and lost ballance. Gypsie was too close to me and over we went. UEee couldn't believe his eyes!!
Y'all okay girls??? We got up high fived, laughed if off and got over it!!
Cheeky Phillip comes up an says...Now Flo I never expected to see your bike lying on its side when I first met you!!! Those were his first words to me..

We run up beside Kaye, and she had us laughing in the first 2 seconds. Well that was a mess if I ever saw one!!! Hugs, laugh, and says, now I hate to push it, but dinner is ready and it is 3 hours away.. We gunned it all the way to her house.. Me, UEee, Gypsie, Kaye, Phillip!! We werea all stayin there!

We had a great evening lots of food, laughs. omg, I was out numbered, they all talk so funny ;).. I had to film it on my new camera to take it home and show everyone. I will post pics and stuff, when I get on my own puter. Great time was had by all.
I had my very own little cabin. Country cabin, with all sorts of funky hunting stuff and antiques. I was told I wa grounded off the bike the next day for a days rest, and she meant it!!
Thought I lost my camera in the morning I had everyone hunting for it. We though Kaye put it away, cuz she was cussin at me for taking so many pics. UEee and I both dug throught the garbage. Kaye and Gypsie had to do a shake down in the cabin even tho I had done it twice. Bottom line I hid it in my boot and will never hear the end of it...
Sure wouldn't have wanted to loose all those pics!!! and Voices!!

We said our goodbyes to UEee and Gypsie... hate those good byes!!

Seeings as I wasn't allowed to ride, Kaye and I went to town, to try and buy a phone for me.. had it all bought and because it was a holiday and I am Canadian, I was not allowed to get it...Hmmmf!! Didn't want the dang thang any way!!
I never knew I could have so much fun in a department store. She is hilarious!!
A fashion statement to I might add! She looks HOT when she rides. A bikers wardrobe to die for!!.........and she packs a pistol!! I am in safe hands I would say.
We also went to my favorite store in theworld... Goodwill. Had a nice relaxing fun filled day!
Monday morning we are ready to roll, all rested up and off to meet Miram.. We were off to a good start and planned to go visit Elvis, and then a Harley Dealership, and get to meet Miram in Light Village Arkansa.
None of that happened!!! The severe storm warnings started...Never mind the warnings we were in it.. Thank God, I had my raingear. The wind picked up instantly!!
First you see a dark cloud appear from nowhere. From the time, Kaye points up at the nasty cloud, the drops start, and the wind picks up, and the bags, start coming outa the ditches, and the lotus (huge honkin bugs) come in packs flyin at me, hitting my face and windshield. Smacking away. Kay ducks down to hide behind the windshield so I follow suit. Try with all my strenth to keep the bike on the road!!
Great, where is the next station so we can gear up?? Had to pull over, the mascara was running in my eyes and I was going to have to stop riding, with pain in my eyes. Pistol packin kaye continues on....Got us to a garage and off we go again, trying to meet our time with Miram..
Finally she pulled over and said... This is taking the fun out of this..and it is suppose to be fun.. We aren't going to make it, and certainly not alive, and Phillip or Motorman, or Doc, would say.... PARK IT!
Thank goodness Kay's sister in law didn't live to far away so off we went there to stay the night.
Miram was very understanding, and we told her we would head out first thing in the morning and try again.
No more rain please!!

No comments: