Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Palladinos!!


This is Jerry Motorman Palladino and his lovely wife DonnaTheDoc Palladino. These are the people that I will be staying with when I reach Florida. Donna is picking me up at the airport in 4 days.. I bought my bike off her. They are an amazing couple in so many ways. The fact they would take me into there home.. I totally feel honored.
Most bikers know who they are and have bought thier DVD'S on learning how to ride. They teach classes. Rather than me try to explain ...here is their site.


Ride Like a Pro It pretty much explains everything, has tons of info, lots of pictures. You can order the DVD'S. I can't believe I am actually going to be able to see one of their classes. I will be helping sell the DVD'S. They have told me, they won't let me leave until they are sure I am comfy on my new Ride.

They are so busy it is hard to imagine they would even want to take the time to do this with me. Donna also runs 3 forums, WWR Motormans Tips and Tricks and Honda VTX Riders and WWR
Motorman is going to be writing a book soon. Now I don't know Jerry too well but I have found out he is a real joker. He had Doc take a couple of pics on my bike with it's seat that I loved so much, only it wasn't the seat I remembered, so he put on another seat and it was so not the seat I remembered. Had me freekin out just a little as I didn't know how to tell them that wasn't the seat I remembered and where the hell is my seat??? I didn't want to say anything as they have been so darn kind to me. I thought maybe they sold my seat?? Anyway, he had me going!!
Not only is he a joker he is a very kind man. I had a tour pack sent to their house and he put it on for me.
I am a regular on WWR (woman who ride) forum. That is where I found out the bike was for sale.
Now I can say I know Donna and consider her a very good friend of mine. She is an absolutely amazing woman. One of the kindest I have ever met, and I haven't even met her. This lady not only runs the forums, she truly cares about everyone, and is always there to lend a helping hand. She starts fund raisers for people in need she has never met. She gets things done!! I mean heck, all I said to her... That I was thinking about maybe flying to Florida to pick up my bike, but I am a big chicken what do you think?? Before ya knew it..........The WWR CONGA was being planned. The encouragement that I got from her and all the gals and guys on WWR was unbelivable. It took me awhile to decide and commit but with the help of Doc and the gang at WWR.... and of course VILR I finally committed.
You know I could just go on and on about this gal.
Donna was going to Slay the Dragon with us and she bought everyone riding a t-shirt that says.."I GOT ISSUES". That is her favorite shirt so we thought it would be fun to wear them the day of the Dragon. Anyway plans changed and because of Jerry's up coming book she can't make the ride. We are going to have our pictures taken at the Deals Gap sign for her wearing out shirts.
We'll make her proud!!

No comments: