Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Leaving Lousiana Wed Morn in fog!


Those Southern gals pack a pistol, so Mirams hubby gave me his shotgun!! lol

Don't mess with me!!

Miram leads the way to Texas!!

Monte, Miram, Flo, Brenda, meet in Texas!

Happy hour at Sonic in Texas!

Miram and her cute pigtails delivering me to Texas!!

Another state!! The dreaded one, little did I know!

Brenda and Miram.. Brenda hurt her hand after she dropped her bike, joining the Conga, so she couldn't stay long! Hope you are okay!

Had a nice evening with Miram and Ronnie. Great hospitality, and a wonderful warm cozy bed, Computer to catch up! short time with Miram, but very enjoyable! Everyone is so awesome.

Left for Dallas in the wet fog and go a little wet and cold. Miram reasured me it would get better down the road, but instisted on taking me to her apartment and gave me a nice leather coat and gloves. Didn't think I was going to need them, until I hit farther north. Mind you it didin't last long.

Before I left I had my picture taken with a shot gun, as they all know I think it is pretty funny that they all pack pistols. Heck Kaye's husband had a gun rack on his bike.. Too funny.

Brenda & Monte met up with me & Miram around 10:00 am at the Cracker Barrel in Tyler. It's in the south west corner or I-20 & US-69. Brenda is a WWR but says she mostly lurks on the forum.

Poor gal, put her bike down today as she came to a stop, on her way to meet me. She rode with us for awhile but her wrist was hurting and went back. Apparently it might be cracked.

We got to to Monte's houuse (McKinney, Texas) late afternoon. We decided since we could take a little burn up the road 60 miles and snag another state. Oklahoma. Turned out more than 60 but at least iIsnagged another state. Get your money ready.. those who are donating for the state...lol We went down some back roads to see some nice big ritsy ranches here in Texas. I put on 400 miles riding around in the heat, or at least 250 in the heat.. Drank lots of water and poured lots on me.. I won't be disapointed to leave Texas!! But I imagine the next states are hot too

Thursday we leave for Albuquerque, NM. It'll take 2 days (700ish miles). Should arrive there Friday night/evening.
While we're here, we'll look at the weather & decide on the route. How far north or south do we need to ride to avoid storms.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo - it's Valkytty (Amy) in Washington. Before you make Albuquerque you have the option to turn north on 25 up through Las Vegas, NM (spectacular scenery, but storms galore & more wind than I wanted - crosswinds, at that) or keep coming west on 40 to Flagstaff. Or you could bear northwest at or after Albuquerque towards Shiprock & Four Corners - the only place in the US where 4 states touch. At that point, the winds are coming east off the mountains & might be better to meet them head on. Your choice of course! See you soon!

Cat 1964 said...

Just think Flo if you hadn't started ridding with your mentor, you would never had met all these beautiful people? You so owe him when you get home!!! LOL
Wish i was there, so much fun!!
Cat

Flo said...

Who is my mentor?? You will have to take a ride with me when I get back!!
Hugs Flo-Rider

Flo said...

Hey, there, I like the sounds of catching all four states. Good idea! We shall see what my Conga leaders say! see you soon1

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo!
I've got your rider class certificate here all nice and wrinkle free...I'll send it to you once you are home with all your stuff, no worries hon!!! You keep riding safe and like a PRO! We miss you!
Love ya,
Donna and Jerry

Anonymous said...

Flo, could your mentor possibly be your darling man, who without his encouragement, you would not be riding today????

Anonymous said...

looking at all those pictures... boy Texas still looks a lot like Alberta to me LOL and they hate you saying that to them too ;)

Travel Safe. Ride Well.

LD

Flo said...

Riding safe!! Did the 4 corners today, continental devide. Tomorrow, route 66 , and Grand Canyon!