Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tuesday Parking lot-Tazzie Passes Road Test

I was to meet Tazzie in Courtenay at 1:30 as her road test was at 3:30 and we were going to go out and practise a bit, and just take it easy, so she would be relaxed for the road test.
I was to meet Sol again in the morning and possibly Dr.Ruth.
Sol showed, Dr. Ruth went shopping...lol
He brought his smaller bike and did alot better. We are taking MOTORMAN'S advice, do not move on to the next exercise until you get the first one down. He said for about an hour and had a big improvement.
I hung around for a couple more hours in my own little world.. Crikey there's that trucker again.. Okay I see him watching. On the truck it is a driving school.
On my little break I parked beside him again, and asked him if he was the student or the teacher. He said the teacher. He said to me, hey, you are riding really good. Im like... Gee thanks... do you teach motorcycles too? He said yes, and I have to say you are good.. I said wow, you just made my day. So I could tell my friends, that an instructor said, I was riding good?? His response, was NO... you can tell him, I said VERY VERY GOOD..
Of course I had to tell him all about RIDE LIKE A PRO and the Conga, and he was very interested. He asked to see one, and bought one up right away.
I told him my dream was to become an instructor, and he said I would ace it!! Said that Campbell River needs a good instructor! Said, it seems to be your passion, so you should go with the flo and do it!!
I couldn't stop thinking about it all the way to Courtenay to meet Tazzie. We rode around town Courtenay and was taking her on the route that I remembered and of course making sure we drove through a couple of those two way left hand turns , that threw her off last week, and I remember them throwing me off in school.
It was time for the u-turn and it was a quiet street, so off I went and she followed, and I looked in the mirror and saw her on the ground and the bike down too... yikers, I ran back, picked it up, and off we went. I remember Rod being like that, don't lt them time to wimp over shit, get er don...Not that Tazzie is a wimp, but didn't want to give her time to dwell on it before the test.
Off she went to do her test and there was Wendy, Rod Wisemans wife. My instructor of teaching me how to ride. Wendy and I have become a little close these days since the Conga. She found out I had raised some money in memory of her husband on my journey and that there will be a memorial ride for him Aug 3rd and I have helped to pass the word.
She told me how grateful she was and even if a couple bikers show up it would make her day.
We got to talking about my next goal in life to become and instructor.. I said to her, Wouldn't Rod be smiling now? She said he is!! She told me she would probably hire me..
She said she is going to Florida to visit her mom and wants to take the RLAP course and meet Donna and Jerry Palladino.
What a small world we live in really!! I said wait, I will go do it with you!! But apparently when I go would be her busy time.
Also she said she had not been out riding since Rod's passing other than the courses she teaches. To give her a call. I told her that I am always out riding out with a great bunch of people, and to come join us. I told her she would see after the memorial and would probably look forward to doing it in the near future.
Tazzie aced the test, as I knew she would. We got together with Dr. Ruth and BigE and rode her back to Qualicum Beach for a bite. She couldn't wipe the grin off her face and had to keep reminding herself to shut her gob, so she wouldn't be eating bugs.. Good on ya Taz
Great ride again, got home at 9 pm, a long day but a good one.

No comments: