Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting RLAP PARINIG LOT SET UP!

Sunday morning about 10 am our new Cabana boy RAM and my bro BigE, and me went to the parking lot. I bought 20 hockey balls, couple cans of paint, and some chalk and a measuring tape. We measured out the exact measurements of RLAP exercises. I was so excited and couldn't wait to trying it out! It is fabulous having it right here in Campbell River and I look forward to using it ever day and hopefully many others will come out and use it too. Hopefully it will bring all clubs or non clubs to come out and get to know each other and help each other out.
I don't make out to be an instructor of any kind, although that is my dream to be able to do that. I have found that dreams do come true. What I have learned is that we ALL need to improve our skills and do it on a regular basis to keep what we have. Anyone can go riding down the highway at regular or high speeds, but it the tight turns and slow maneuvering that are the toughest.
After it was all finished, I ran through every exercise to show the boys how it worked. I really sucked at it. Probably cause I had asked E to video me. After a few hours of practise it was coming along great!! I was starting to really feel more confident and like I knew what I was doing. I was finding the friction zone!!!
Ram was doing fantastic on his Gold Wing. Of course I was doing the yelling... SNAP!! look UP! SNAP...LOOK AT ME!! All the things they do in the real course.
I felt really bad for E as he was having really lots of trouble on my X Blinga. With the arthritis in his hand and the tough clutch, he just wasn't having luck on any exercise. Really getting all chocked up. I felt for him, as wow, I know the feeling. Until you finally start getting it... You think you never will and we are always so hard on our self. So we ended putting the slow cone weave to 14 ft instead of 12. He started to do better, especially when I was yelling at him...lol
Ram was doing superb, almost looked like he had done it all before on a regular basis.. although he did do better to look up and snap his head when I was yelling it at him. The Rotters, they want me to yell at them, but for some reason, can't yell at me.
Big E still having trouble, so we decided to get Ram to try his bike. I tried riding it and along she was my bike for 3 years, she sure the hell didn't feel like it anymore. I really felt for him now. Seems the clutch is so different.
Any way things were going, but not that great! The good thing was that we figured out it wasn't just Eric, because the bike went down. Ram felt terrible and also hurt his ankle. I know he felt worse about the bike, but Eric just said, not to worry you are okay the highway bars were already damaged from Flo years ago. He said he felt better actually.
It has made me realize how smooth the Harley is to the VTX in handling twisties and leans.
Eric followed Ram home to make sure he was going to be okay on the bike alone and I hung around for a couple more hours and went home. Later I came back for another hour.
My goal is to do it with a smile and no fear! When I can do all the exercises with ease and confident and even friction zone, with a smile, I will know I have it..
I think this RLAP exercise will benefit a lot of people. I know it has and will me for sure.
When RIDE LIKE A PRO arrive on Vancouver Island next year... I will be riding like a pro.

The thing you are suppose to do , is stay on the first excercise before moving on to the next. Not that we always follow the rules as you kinda get bored with the same one.
Being as Ram was doing so darn good, we suggested that he try E's bike and see if it were just him, or could it be done. Right away we could see that he was also having trouble finding the friction zone. He was doing the weave but when he went to the other exercises . Lets just say, it was not smooth. Even though he was doing it. I think E was feeling better about that, know it wasn't just him.
Anyway, things proceeded to get a little worse, poor Ram went down on the Blinga. Eric ran over right away to pick up his baby, and of course we were concerned about Ram and told him to just lay there till we knew how bad it was. He right away thought he broke his ankle, as he heard something snap. We gave it some time and figured it was only sprained. He did manage to ride his bike home and E took his daughter on the back.
I stayed and practised a couple more hours. I can' wait until I can feel really good about what I am doing, and

No comments: