Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monday Day 2 in Parkinglot

I just couldn't wait to get back on the lot!! I had to work today but zipped over to the parking lot for an hour before work.
I put the bike down on the slow cone weave... I looked up and there wasn't a sole to be seen, not that I really gave a shit, or needed anyone to help me pick it up anymore. Shit, no one has more experience than me. I picked it up, got back on it and remembered what I had done wrong..
I wasn't in the friction zone. I continued to practise and was feeling good.
There was a big truck and trailer, I could tell were watching me by this time . I decided to NOT look there, as I would end up going that direction and I wanted to just concentrate on doing it right
You have to give the bike a rest once in a while and give it a little run so you don't burn the clutch out. So when I went to do that, he gave me a thumbs up. I just smiled!
Went back to practising and along comes a taxi with a a familiar face. He says "What are you doing?" I explain that I am just practising, and he says ..."Why" I told him, I just wanted to improve my skills.. He said well that looks pretty darn easy. So, I told him to come out and try it some time, either by himself or with me. I told him when I would be here.
He showed up, so did Ruthie and Sol and also Ram, even though he couldn't ride himself with his injured ankle.
When Sol came, I was a tad worried because the bike he had was new, and big, and he has a leg that doesn't work to well. He got out there and tried, and it was not going easy.. He did appreciate when I helped and reminded him to keep looking up and to snap his head, to look where he wants to go.
Ruthie who has the same big as BigE was having struggles too. Something about the clutch. She was really starting to get it by the time she left on how important the friction zone is and snapping that head as you are about to turn. And oh, lets not forget the dip.
Oh yes... the cab driver...lol....lets put it this way, it was so not as easy as he thought!!
Actually, it I believe it is finding the friction zone on your own ride. Once it is figured, it all comes easy. We all think we know the friction zone as we use it in every day riding. I never completed understood it until I did these slow maneuver riding at a continues speed smoothing it out.
I think I have learned my lesson when some one asks me to try their bike to see if it is them or the bike I will not do it.. I had a spill on Sol's bike. He was also very good about it as it was his idea.
What I do know is... I picked that sucker up in 4 seconds!! he was impressed!

No comments: