Sunday, July 20, 2008

Balls!!!!

Whew! Sometimes I feel like I am still doing the Conga and in away I am. Im doing the Conga up and down the Island. It was pretty funny yesterday. I met this new Cabana boy and he live right here in Campbell River. He says to me, now Flo, I gotta ask you.... I followed you all the way home from Florida and you always talked about the Conga.... "What state was that in?"I got a chuckle out that! I think he was having a Flobe moment! I said the Conga my dear friend was all across the USA!! What ever state you want it to be in. Of cours I eplained where the word Conga came from and he got a good Chuckle... Oh you girls!!
Okay so after not doing the pratctise too well in Port Alberni, I came home in search of a good parking lot. I am bound and determined to be good at this. And not just one time. I want to help teach one day, that's my goal.
I value what I have learned from Motorman and Donnathe Doc and want to share what I know even if I can't do it perfect. I know I will be going back every year if I can swing it and do the Conga across the USA in a different way.
Anyway. We go to find a parking lot behind the Motor vehicle branch. They already got the dots set up for the slow cone weave.
I was thrilled. Convince me bro to go shopping with me to find either pylons or tennis balls and get started.
We found these hockey balls, cut them in have and they work better than the tennis balls, and they are floresant pink. Hardly move when you run over them. Okay so here I am doing the little relaxing thing, Motorman told me to do.. Close my eyes and imagine how pretty it will look if I just breezed threw those balls, swaying from one side to the other. I did it and it worked. Whoo hoo!!
Okay so along comes this guy, and a couple of woman pull up beside us... I say hi!! I'm Flo, would you like to practise with us??
This arogant guy, frowns at me and say... Either that or I'll kick you off!! Okays so, now I'm not feeling it here with this jerk. He says... my wife has come to practise she is going to be doing her road test soon. So I say....welcome to join us, and good for you for riding..
He gets of his bike and says..........You are doing it all wrong!! I said no Im not...He say.... Im here to tell ya... You are, and your bike will NOT fit in that space!!!!
Hmmf...the jerk thinks that I am a complete newbie too... let's just let him think that for now!! Of course I don't like him by now and I am feelin sorry for the 2 newbie ladys that will have to train under him. So I bring out the dvd OF COURSE.. Whats'that he said, so I explain, he goes....Well that is Florida!! Im like oh ya... ya think they ride different in Florida?? I could see the woman wanted to buy one, but was afraid of this jerk!
I said hey, you guys, just let me see if my bike will go through these balls and then you can have the space, I can move my balls anywhere, especially your wife she needs to get some good practise.
I thought about what MM had said.........oh man.... I swayed through them balls like I really knew what I was doing!
Came back and said....hmmm I guess my bike isnt to big after all with a smile of cours... saying ya sure you wouldnt like to purchase a dvd... He says... Lady I been riding for 40 years.... I say man, you are the one that needs it the most probably!!!
I told him ya know how they say so good, they practise buddy! he was out there... By now!!!

No comments: