Saturday, July 26, 2008

A note From Barbara

Now, I have never met Barbara in person or on line. But apparently she has been following my adventures. It amazes me really how many have done, and still do. To me it started out as just a ride to to bring my bike home, to see if I could actually do it. To step out of my comfort zone ad ride off the Island alone...I didn't really do it... I was never alone, and to be honest with anyone.... I still could not do it.. My daughter lives in Vancouver and I panick with the thoughts of getting off the ferry and trying to find out where she is, with or with out a GPS.. Any way what I am not really sure of about the whole situation, what is the amazing part that everyone thinks is so amazing.. that i did, and should write a book??
How do I ask? How do I find out??
Well, I got side tracked again.. Here is the note from a friend Barbara whom I have never met..
Flo, you don't know me.
I am relatively new to the forum. I started reading the forum about the time you arrived back home. Since that time, I have read all of your blog and the posts on the various forums about the journey you shared with your wonderful new bike, Queen, and awesome people.
I want to encourage you to write a book about your adventure. Your story is about the journey.....the rewards that life offers when one ventures outside their comfort zone and beyond one's perceived limits.
The miles and destination are very important, but many people have traveled thousands of miles in a short period of time. 'They went on a trip, whereas, you and others had a life-changing journey.'
If you don't want to write a book, you may want to consider being a freelance writer and publishing your journey in a biker magazine....maybe, in installments....just like your blog.
I am blatantly honest, so I want to share some of my thoughts with you. I wouldn't let an editor take your words and make them into perfect, English sentences.....language, grammar, and mechanics. If an editor takes your words and 'polishes them too much', the uniqueness of your feelings, thoughts, and 'just being you' will be lost. As I read your blog, I, like many others, could feel your joy, anxiety, frustration, tiredness, and doubt. It was YOUR WORDS that made the transference possible. I was very touched by your honesty. You showed strength, vulnerability, and real, human emotions. I understand this very well. I, too, am an 'open-book personality'.
Not many people will 'lay it out there' for others to see/feel. I commend you on your accomplishment. Only the best to you and yours. Barbara

No comments: