Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tinks Day


I left Dragons place at 8:30 headed for PA.. It is about a 2 hour ride. A beautiful one once you get off the freeway. In PA, there is a new gal to the area, and new to riding, and today was the day she was to do her road test. That would be Tink...She is a good rider and we had no doubt she would pass!!
I tried to arrange of few of us to get together to surprise her, but most work, so I called Dogdrifter. She works, but is the boss and can come and go so to speak. Anyway, I left a message that I was heading up that way. Hoping like I could find her, or the motor vehicle place.. If not, I was just going for a nice ride and my intentions were in the right place..
As it turned out she saw me on the highway and we got there in time for Tinker to start her road test. Here is a clipping of the whole event.
Wow... We were totally shocked that she never made it and very disapointed for her.. The instructor said,...SHE HAD IT IN THE BAG... JUST MADE A WRONG CHOICE.. Poor darlin put her bike down in the gravel, when she was making a u-turn. Bike down, is automatic fail.
I am so glad we were there, well, when we went back after coffee, she was gone. The instructor told us the vicinity of where he lived, so we tracked her down...
Hubby came to the door and looked pretty sad... and was happy that the goils, came by to cheer her up.
We all went out for lunch and helped cheered her up... She had already taken off her biker shirt, listed her bike... Definetly having a moment... What are girlfriends for..
I got the girls to lead me towards heading out of town, as I still had another 2 hours to get home, and it was not sunny anymore.
I heard Tink say...."Hey Flo!!! I'm like... ya Tink!!! She says with a big smile..."I love you"
Ah... man, that made me smile, and I said it right back at her!!!
I do love my sisters!!!!
I rode home, freezin my ass off, but worth every second about 2 blocks from home, the skies opened up!!

No comments: