Monday, July 7, 2008

Took my X for a ride.

I finally did it!!! I took my X for a ride when we were at GearJammers.
It has been 4 weeks since I have been home from the Conga. I haven't stop and dropped the Queen since Death Valley, although, I do believe there is people thinking it is going to happen. She is feeling very comfy now. I think I should be feeling comfy, I have 8,000 miles on this season so far.
The saying has been ...STEP AWAY FROM THE X!!! Every time I got close to her. I think it was a very good idea really. Although at times I just wanted to take her for a burn!! I was missing the fit, and the handle bars. I wanted to get the same bars for my Queen.
I wouldn't take no for an answer and I just got on her and went up the road and back. There was no burnin up the road. It was NOT a pretty sight to watch. I can't believe how nervous i was. Heck, I even forgot how to turn it on.
I jurked my way up the road, and couldn't even ride in second gear properly. It was hilarious, I thought to myself, I am not liking this one little bit. These handle bars are stupid!!! I'm going to do a U-turn, and did I ever, about the size of a house!!
When I got back they were laughing at me, and Eric had a worried look on his face like I was going to stop and drop!!
I got off and said....I'm over it... so over it!!! Now I don't even want the handle bars, maybe just some risers. Whew, good thing, I did that, or I would have gone and spent money I didn't need to..
I can honestly say, Iam a Harley Chick now!!
It is hard to describe, but the difference is amazing, and when I go around a corner it is so smooth. I guess its just what you get used to, and now I am..
I love my Skully Queen!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is said, that once you've ridden a Harley, you can't go back. It is true!

Flo said...

I do believe that!!!