Friday, July 25, 2008

More Parking lot...Friday

Friday today... I went to the parking lot again before work.. It always takes me at least 10 minutes to get warmed up before I can even get close to a figure 8.. Holy Crap, how does that friend of mine, do it? Mz DonnatheDoc, whips through it, scrappin this way and that way ,with a friggin smile on her face! I have to tell ya, I can still hear her....
No problem Flo.. Once the lights go on, it happens every time... go in, lean, friction, brake, throttle, sit at front of seat, relax shoulders, snap your head.. It'll come naturally eventually. She told me when she did... Florida lit up... I told her when I get it... Vancouver Island will light up... Well right now we keep having power outages. Flickers... More lights than not, so that is a good thing.
That parking lot is a amazing, no one there but me at 8 am... No one there, but me at 5:15... Okay a couple leaving the lot and looking at me, and shaking their head, like Im nutz..
Now usually ol faithfull Ram is there with me, but it is Friday night, so I was on my own. I only hung around for an hour.. My shoulders feel like I been liftin weight these days, so it is time to take a brake.
I haven't put much milage on this week since I have dedicated myself to the parking lot. But I sure am tired at the end of the day, like I been riding for 8 hours.
I heard some negative feedback about what I was doing. About the parking lot stuff, and the RLAP. It kinda breaks my heart in away.. It was from apparently some supposedly good friends of mine. I have been feeling like maybe they werent friends for the last couple of season. I have been fighting it in my mind. Thinking I was imagining things. But today proved it.. Because the person that was telling me, had no idea of any tension between us. So it just proves I do have a pretty good judge of character. I always want to believe the best, but now I know my feelings were true.
If someone doesn't want to join me or anyone, that is fine, their choice, but bad mouthing is not good. How can anyone, bad mouth a good situation, when it improves the riding skills of many people.
I think some people think I am trying to be an instructor, which I am so not.. I do however, enjoy showing people the lay out RLAP excecise for them to use at their convienience. If they would like me to hang around, I am all for that, and enjoy helping.
I only wish something like this was here for me when I was learning how to ride. Heck, I am still learnig how to ride.. I am so looking forward to Motor Officer, Dave Hay to teach me a few things, or should I say a lot of things. When Doc and Motorman, come out here, he will know all the teaching he showed me did not perish!!
I am looking forward to a couple days away from the parking lot, but also looking forward to getting back at it!
Tomorrow I am going to Courtenay to meet a bunch from CMC, OR SCRC who ever shows up in Courtenay to go where ever... Gotta love that!

No comments: