Thursday, July 24, 2008

Parking lot Thursday

I went to the parking lot for only 1/2 hour before work, that seems to be plenty. why the hell I blow dry my hair before I go to work is beyond, me cause after pratising I look like shit anyway. Good ol helmet hair. I should just leave my do rag on for the ol boys.
After work I went out again, and my buddy Ram, waiting for me.. On the way there, I see Sal , with a big grin on his big bike. He did a lot better tonight than the other day. He is snapping his head in the direction he wants to go and the friction zone is starting to happen. He only hung around for awhile but each little bit helps for the next time.
I was coming out of a practise, and I see another bike... Who's that??? Jippo our Cabana boy... whoo hoo. I showed him, what I could do and how the excercises were laid out. I could feel myself a little sloppy as now, I had an audience of 3.... Telling myself , don't drop it!!
We did a fair bit of visiting instead of riding tonight, but my body was feeling it, so it was fine with me. Sure nice to see him out there, even if he was just coming by to say he couldn't stay as dinner is ready.
I did convince him to take a shot at it... He did and he did great!! Even the figure 8 which is pretty hard to master. He went away smiling that is for sure and agreed this had to be done...HTBD!
My brother called me to say that Dave Hay a Motor Officer wanted to talke to me about what I was doing, and the RLAP. I had great conversation with him and he thinks it is great to have the lot there. He is going to come out one night with us. He also teaches classes on how to ride, and wants to do that as a full time job after he retires from the force.
I feel very fortunate to have him involved, and he is going to come on to VILR to get to know us all and come help.
Also he wants to talk to the Palladinos and possibly do something. Inform them of what it involves for and American to come and teach over here, like we have been planning.
I am very excited about the next step of the RLAP, and helping people improve their riding skills, my self included as I am by far a pro.... Just have the desire to ride like one.

No comments: