Monday, July 28, 2008

More Saturday


RAM-FLO-GINO-JIPPO
Today wasn't looking so good weather wise. I talked to some friends from PA, and was told that they are made of sugar up there and didn't want to melt. I looked out the window and my grass was definitely being watered....Fine, I guess I will stay home and finally get some of that much needed housework done, after I finished cleaning my white walls.... Not sure if I have stated this, but...I hate cleaning white walls.. Even thought it doesn't tak a rocket scientist to do it!! I think it is time to learn how to use the hoist seeings as my bro's don't have time for me any more when it comes to doing the Bling thing!
It's BigE's friggin birthday, so I guess I will let him off the hook.. He was all in a big hurry to go camping!! So anyway, if do the white walls, and once it is done I am pretty proud of the way the Skully Queen is looking, and I pull up the garage door and there is no rain!!! Whoo hoo, maybe there is someone at the Burger Bus after all!! To hell with housework...Manana!!
I scoot off to the Bus... and to take my vest in for yet another patch to be sewn on.. It is my US vest... Love that vest from Mz TequilaSheila from Nova Scotia.. I got to get a good pic of me with it to send to her.
Waiting at the bus was Gino his wife Dafurryone...lol...she ain't furry!! Also Excile. Everyone waiting to see if anyone else would show up, the weather was not looking to promising. Warm but cloudy and it still looked like it could rain. We had a great visit and were discussing RLAP of course, and the Conga and how life has changed for me. For others actually too. Dafurryone, says to me..
Ya know Flo, I know you don't really understand sometimes what effect that you have had on people!! I'm like ya...not really, so they say, but what do you mean?....
She says a couple of weeks ago, I was at a music fest and this friend of mine, asked if I wanted a ride to the other end of the parking lot. So, I said sure, that would be great.... Now being a non rider, but only on the back of Gino, I was thrilled and said...Yes, that would be awesome.
I thought I heard him say, okay... and so I threw my legs over the bike, and down we went... he wasn't ready for me!
He looked at me and said...Sheees, you are going to have to help me pick it up now, I can't do it by myself..
She looked at the bike and remembered what I said... Pull in the handle to full lock, grab the lowest spot, place your butt in the seat and walk it back...SHE FRIGGING DID IT!! Now in my eyes you have to know our little Dafurryone to believe it!! I say whoah!!! Thankyou Motorman, for teachin me!!
She also mentioned that she is seriously thinking about buying a 3 wheeler as she has a desire to ride! I told her to start posting more on VILR and we would be more than willing to enable her.
Great visit...it is so wonderful getting to know all these people that I could only put names to before the Conga.. Gino and Dafurryone were 2 of the people that were there waiting for me at the end of the road.
Anyway, I was ready to ride, no one was coming, Excile, didn't have his bike there, so it was me and Gino. Dafurryone, told him to go for a ride with me and she would get some time to hereself. Gino agreed to ride to at least Union Bay which was not far, 20 minutes or so. Gino leads, Flo follows. We go past Union Bay to Denman ferry and I looked to the left and recognized a couple of bikes.. Jippo and Ram, so I honked away and turned off to meet them. I figured Gino would eventually see I was not with him and come back.. It took awhile but eventually he did.
Gino, me, Jippo, and Ram had a nice visit in the parking lot! Of course a couple pics were taken. Ram showed us the camera his daughter bought him for his birthday, which was today. So him and BigE have the same bdays.. Going to have to remember that for next year.
The boys headed north, and Flo south with no particular place to go.. I knew I could get into some kind of mischief.. I rode to Qualicum, to see if I could connect with a Dragon.. No where to be found so I did a surprise visit to Sister Bea's.. She was delighted when she heard the Hawg pull up.. Since I have been home, I haven't seen my family or no biker friends hardly at all.. Guilt over took and I spent the night and had a great visit.
I was planning on riding to Cowichan in the morning with Dragon and some Victioria folk.. Hoping the weather would hold out.
I receive an email from the Dragon on where to meet..
Ride to Ware, turn right, turn right on Ronald and left to meet Phillip and pick up Andrea... That is what I had to say to myself to remember the friggin directions.. She knows me well, as she said in the email... It is easy...oh right, I forgot who I was talking too...
Did I get lost going there to meet some more new folk??? you bet I did.. Went through a stop sign, took a wrong right, and ended up in a subdivision...Grrr...
Of course when she gets there, she introduces me as her friend that can travel across America and get lost on her own Island..
Not sure if there is hope for me... Think I need to Conga a few more times to get it straight... Actually going up and down the Island like I have been doing these past few months, is doing me some good...Believe it or not!!

No comments: