Tuesday, September 2, 2008

RLAP PA! HOLIDAY MONDAY!




Mz Fancypants, givin it a go, to pick up the Queen, she just couldn't find the right spot to plant that fancy butt... That be Flo and Vatman beside her.

Mz CC also had a bit of trouble, but it wasn't as easy to pick up on the grass as is on the pavement.


Gibby picking up his VTX!


Stephen who is Tazzie's son, really enjoying the RLAPING and doing very well at it.

Spyderman!!! I saw him do the slow cone weave and he was consintrating ;)





End of the day- a couple bikes missing.


Robocop recieves a card and gift certificate from the PA CREW!!


Tribob, the hotdog dude and water man... What a treat!

Robocop giving instructions.
We left CR, DD, Tanya, El Capitan, and me, to Courtenay and picked up Fancypants. We were off to meet the rest of the gang at the Hut which were all heading up to PA to do some RLAPING..

I cant remember all the names so I won't even go there. I know we had about 17 bikes headed up to PA..

Not to long before leaving the Hut in pulled Spyderman and Frank Sinatra... whoo hoo, SCRC Regional Officer... coming to PA to check out the RLAP event. When I asked them if they we coming, they just gave me this grin and said....Well, we are going to PA for Chinese Food, and if we run into a Parking lot somewhere... any thing can happen. Sure was great to see those 2 smilin faces let me tell ya... Always nice being tail gunned by a Spyder.... and who wouldnt want FRANK SINATRA... I mean really!!!

It was pretty funny when we pulled into Pa, and passed Robocop. I waved at him to let him know it was us, and before long he was tailgunning the Spyder... Ha, that must have looked kinda funny...

The weather was great in PA, and the gang had the parking lot looking realy nice, all swept and an nice pylons and the barbuque going with hotdogs and water on ice...

I think at there was a count of 28 bikes at one time. Robocop did a real nice proffesional job of giving a speach and demonstrating the excercises and working with anyone that needed help. He was very very supportive and not afraid to give praise to a job well done. He told us how proud he was to see us working so hard to improve our skills.

We practised for about 3 hours. I was so not ready for it to be over when it was. It was so much fun watching everyone, and helping out here and there and learing new stuff.

We had 2 new excercises, one called the snowman which was the triple figure 8 with a 24ft circle and a 20ft and the 18 which was bloody hard. Man, you have to be on top of that with the aggressive friction zone and just the right amount of lean.. Yikers, got a ways to go to perfect that one.

Also there was Texas Star, which Robocop put up and it was hard but Idid manage it. I have to admit I put the bike down as I went off on the grass a bit, and down she went. Going down, does not mean you are a bad rider, it means you are not afraid to try for fear of going down. That is my story and I am sticking to it!!!!

We all went to Starbucks for coffee, and then separated and headed for home. We still had bikes going our way.

WHAT A GREAT RIDE... GREAT EVENT.. GREAT DAY, WITH AWESOME FRIENDS!!!

I never realized learning could be so much fun!!!

No comments: