Monday, September 22, 2008

Parksville Toy Run

More Winners! Slyboy!!Gibby-Bro Blingo
And the Winner is!!!

And the Winners are.... Flo-Kazz
Parksville Toy Run, was a great day.. We started out from my house with brother BigE, Me, Tanya, Mark, Ram. We were invited to join up with 394 SCRC in Courtenay. The weather was on our side. When we got to the usuall meeting place at the Cheveron there were probably a dozen bikes. I am sure by the time they all arrived there were at least 25 leaving for Parkville. Boy, Dr. Rut is a great road leader, she managed to keep us all together. It was a pretty exciting day for my nefew Shawn, his first toy run. He had some huge bug smiles going on. He is traveling with his two Uncs, and Aunty Flo.. Pretty darn exciting for me too. It is always a special day for me when I get to ride, but especially with my family. The Fuhr Factor.
The weather held out for us going down, but I could sure feel the chill in the air, and I will never travel with out my electric vest for the rest of the year.
We arrived in Qualicum at the Hut, there to meet the crew from PA... The coolest thing, is that it didn't matter if you were CMC or SCRC or VIR... VILR, or just a rider which would be a VIR.. Every one on the Island is a VIR... Just a rider who lives on Vancouver Island. The gal I met on my US trip last week, Straycatdi for instance, I told her that is where we were meeting. she was there first and the PA crew got there and introduced themselves to her as they had seen pics.
Absolutely wonderful to see everyone again. We are once big happy family!
Off we went to Parksville to register for the toy run. We hung around and mixed and mingled for awhile and then it was time to head out. I do have to say it wasn't very organized and the groups fell appart, and there were no road blockers, and we almost road back alone. But whatever, the weather was good, the cause was good, and we were about 25 bikes in our bunch. Out of 500 I would say, it was a tad disorganized. It really didn't matter we all got a ride in. And were probably safer that way anyway.
Of course Flo and the Bros and nefew had to enter our machines in the show and shine. Actually we had alot of entries with our group of people, and we had alot of winners too.
I sold a few WWR patches and a few VILR..Not near enough to ever cover the cost, hopefully in time. Silly me, I get these whims in my head that I think may work, and it never usually does. Oh well, just another learning experience.
I did meet a cool lady that came up and introduced herself to me, Elaina. I was talking about needing a barber. Long story short, she is coming in on Wed and Thurs to see if we can work something out so I can still go away for the winter and go back to Forida for the Conga Reunion and learn how to RLAP, with MOTOMAN. That is my goal, even if I have to close the doors to do it. So here is hoping Elaina works out.
After we said our good byes, we did get caught in the rain going home. We were NOT HAPPY... Memories of the last day of the Conga were coming back at me as I travel down the road with my bros and a couple friends making faces at each other. It was cold and rainy but not even close the last day of the Conga.
Crikey it has been almost 4 months and there has not been a day, that it has not been talked about. Or some result of the Conga (eg.....Shawnboy) doesnt stop touching me and others.
A book came out today... Wind in my face... I was asked to make an entry in it, so of course I bought my copy today. I really wanted to buy Motorman and Doc a book, but that girl beat me to it!!
One of the girls on VILR is giving me till Nov 1 and she is challenging me to write my book. She said if she can I can, and mine is a true story hers was out of her head. Crikey I sure hope that I have what it takes to do it!! Now there is something I do not have faith in myself about.. Writing... I mean really!! Physical is me, physical not mental writing shit. I can't believe I have managed to keep a blog since before the Conga. Maybe there will be a bookd two if every book one gets out.. Hell, Conga 1, Conga 2 Reunion, wouldn't that be something if every year, more and more woman pulled together and did the Conga... The longer the better, bring Canada and USA together to do the Conga. I want to get a lisence plate called Conga...then I start thinking and think it should be RLAP.. Something to think about.
Okay Flo is rambing got to go now!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck gurl - gitcha another bike an' you can have BOTH plates. LOL

best regards,
sue the enabler giggle