Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Parking lot therapy

I have been home for a day and back to the grind at work. Boy can things change fast. Life is good, you got it all figured out. Job the way you want it, get to go away for the winter and off to Florida to seem my buddies the Palladinos and ride with them and take the course again and get certified. That was the plan, not to mention, do a Conga reunion with all the WWR that helped me travel across America.
I come back and my partner whom, I sold have the shop to wants to move... No!! It was a very stressful day back trying to figure out in my mind how I would make this possible. More so Florida than Mexico even. I want to fufill my dream, of becoming an official intstructor for RLAP. They have offered me the franchise.. Imagine!! You just got to love these WWR ,VILR ,FORUMS. Anything is possible!! If I had never found WWR, I would never have found my bike, and would never have found my great friends the Palladinos, and had the pleasure of getting to know them personally and riding in their class, and finding my true passion. I mean, since the I started riding, I knew I loved it, but with out that trip, I would have never known what passion I really did have. If I may say so even some skill. If it were possible, I would throw away my scissors and just do it!!
To be told by a person like Motorman, that I have what it takes only makes me want to push harder.
Anyway today sucked in my head, so after working, I went to the parking lot and just started practising. It only took a couple of minutes and nothing mattered. All the anxiouty went away. I could hear Motormans voice in my head, saying you can do all these excercises without your brake. You are good now, try it!! It will seem wierd at first, but you can do it. I did it!!
I turn around after feelin like I really knew how to ride, with a smile at that, and could hear another bike.. Along came my bro on the Blinga, my ex. Now this boy is having major trouble finding the friction zone, and the old gal, her clutch is not comfy at all. I could see how bad he wanted to do it, so I told him, I was going to have to do some MM instruction. Long story short, he got it. Not perfect, I will admit she is a bit of a pig... even though she is beautiful and just won a show and shine.
This vtx, does not run smoothly like my nefews... I looked at my brother and said.... Hmm... might just have to fly to Florida and buy a police special when MM is ready to sell again. I am always into another Conga. Anything for my brothers.
He was feeling alot better when he left and it was only a half hour of practising. Vgirl also came out, and I felt bad, as we never really got time to practise as I had dinner commitment. It was great seein her there and she did get a little practising in.
Who would ever have thunk that a parking lot was good therapy???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww GEEEEZE! Where does yer biz partner wanna move to? Too far for ya ta keep on doin' hair with her? If that's the case, could ya find another shop ta work in until ya can get things straightened out? Or persuade her ta stay at LEAST until you can get the Florida trip behind ya?

Crossin' mah fingers that ya find a good solution to yer dilemma gurl. Ya found a way ta ride the Queen thru' the states back home. You can find a way ta make that franchise dream work too. DON'T GIVE UP!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Hang in there gurl - we're all behind ya. . .

sue g

Flo said...

Hey Sue!!!
She is moving to the other end of the Island..Not stoppin here!! No persuading... I will find a way, you are right!!
Got to git er done!! Just a minor set back right?
Cheers sista!