Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trip to Forks Washington Sept 7

Today, we left Shawnboys, from Victoria to Port Angeles (Coho0) It was an hour and half, awesome ride on this ferry going out of Victoria Harbour. Really nice seeing different scenery that the regular Nanaiamo ferry. There was a lot of bikers going on. As usual everyone gabbing away to each other. I gave my VILR card to a few. The only one gal I didn't talk to came up to me at customs and asked if I knew how to get to 101. I told her no.... but hang on and follow us if she wanted when Rob came through. She was going to follow the 101 along along the coast to California. She was traveling alone. I thought to myself now there is one gutsy woman.
She asked where we were going and I told her HURRICANE RIDGE! It was suppose to be an awesome road.. I told her she could join us if she wanted and then head out on her own if she wanted. Seeings it was early she thought she would.
The ride was absolutely amazing!! It was only about 20 miles long, but one mile high. It was definetly a road you had to use all your skills on...Head and eyes, butt dance... pay friggin attention. Some switch backs like I couldn't believe. I was so happy that I had been practising so much because it was going great.
It was crispy cold but a nice cold, going through tunnels of trees changing colors and the sun shining through. I highly recomend that road to do again. And so close to home really. Just as you get off the ferry your heading in that direction.
After that, Cresent lake had some less dangerous twists just even push left push right, just gliding along, along side the water.
We pulled into Forks.. Stayed at the Forks Motel... and went to the Forks Cafe... They were short giving us a fork too...lol Now that place was a blast from the past let me tell ya. Including the people working there. I swear everything was original, with the booths, coffee cups and the waitress. Stuffin coming out of the booths Only thing missing was a juke box. The food was awesome though.
Back to the Stray Cat, Diana we picked up... She decided to travel with us if we would have her and go off on her own later. We all get along just fine, and I was having memories of the Conga thinking she shouldn't be on her own, unless of course she really wanted to. We were all having lots of laughs so why the heck not.

No comments: