Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sharing the parking lot-Words getting out!

Thank God the sun is shining again, and it doesn't look like summer is quite over yet. It always gives me more energy and I couldn't wait to get a half hour on the parking lot before work.

I am not sure why, but I get nervous every time I get out there, wether there is people there or not. I guess it is just that I want to ace the excercises the first time I take a shot at it.. That, to me......is when I will know that I am riding like a pro or ready to move on, or to become certified, or to ride with the Paladinos be in one of their demos or classes.
Or to make it in one of MOTORMANS dvd's.. I just want it to come natural, with a smile on my face every time... I am still not really smiling, I am looking to dam serious...
As I am going through the excericises I am hearing all the words the Palladinos have ever told me.. Relax, snap your head, friction, lean, move your butt... Sometimes I realize I am not doing one of those things and all of a sudden my shoulder will relax... then I will lean my butt to the opposite side, get that friction back and it all just starts, the scraping the tightning of the handle bars.
Last night when I relooked at the clip of me doing the figure 8... holy crap!! I kept hearing Motorman say.. draw an 20 t circl inside the 24ft, and you still got 2 feet to SCREW UP!!!
That was defenitely being heard as Vgirl was filming me. When I looked at it ... I got a huge big smile as with out the inside circle, I knew I had just showed the Motorman I was doing it. I could almost see the smurk on his face!!
Im at work now at the shop is slow and I just want to go play in the parking lot... 1pm... shyte... I recruited 2 of my male client today that have a couple of Harleys.. Of course they see the DVD right in their faces as they are getting their haircut. That starts the conversation.... and low and behold, I have two guy meeting me at 5 oclock so I can give them a demo in the parking lot so they can use it at their convienience or come and ride with me. I am totally excited and so were they. One asked me if I could teach his wife how to ride. I told him about Stinky Pinky sitting there with insurance on waiting to help someone. They both said, this was very exciting for them as they had ridden years ago and were feeling a little rusty.
My Goodness..... The phone just rang and someone said.... Hi is this Flo from Ride Like a Pro??
Yikers.... I knew things were going to catch on, but holy that sounds funny and cool at the same time.
She says to me... I met you a few years ago when you first started riding and also in Mexico. One time you left a note on my door about riding with you... Do you remember?? Well, yes I certainly did, it was the year I met Cheryl Teigs in Mexico is that you??
Okay, so how did you hear about me I asked her? She said.. someguy was talking about some gal, that has learned how to RIDE LIKE A PRO and is working hard at becoming an intructor. They started talking about me and she realized she knew me.. She must have got a good chuckle because I remember this lady .... when she was in riding school, and I was so bad, I paid to go take an extra class at riding at night (NOT WITH MY SUNGLASSES ON)
So she said I hear you are instructing now. I told her by no means am I an instructor, so therefore it is free, to come out and ride with me, and that I can only show her what I know, and that I have a long way to go still. She said her husband wants me to help him too so, how about that... i have 5 people coming tonight... to ride, to practise, to improve, to use the free parking lot.. WHOO HOO!!!

No comments: