Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Riding 3 States.

We left forks and headed south to Randle to go to Mt St. Helens. We went through Oakville.
Okay now I have waited far to long to blog to remember the order of which things happened. It doesn't really matter anyway.
We got home last night and we traveled with the Straycat all the way. We had the times of our lives. This girl has only been riding a short time. She just upgraded from a 250 to her 750 Shadow, and now she was going on the exact same route I did 3 years ago on my 750. Of course I had to tell her all about RLAP and sell her a dvd and tried to give some pointers along the way. Once in awhile her name would switch to Slowcat, or Scaredycat.. Anyway she did just find and we would tell her to always ride her own and not to keep up with us unless she wanted. I rode behind quite aways so I could enjoy going at my speed. I remember how scared I was on esecially the RATTLESNAKE GRADE and HELLS CANYON. This time was totally different. With all the training I been doing, I was way more confident, not to say there wasn't a couple of imperfect curves that crept up on me.
We traveled 2250 miles in a week. Washington has the most amazing roads. We went to Idaho, Oregon, and a bit of Montana.
Hurricane Ridge, Mnt St.Helen, Columbia River, Rattle Snake Grade, Hell's Canyon, Highway 12, which was over 100 miles of twisties,Cascade Loop.
The weather was perfect!! StraycatDi, stayed with us the whole time and was glad she did as she was in awe at the different geography. Another new VILR. She will fit right in with the rest of us.

No comments: