Monday, November 10, 2008

Writing a Book

Every one who knows me pretty much now that I want to write a book. Or at least i think I have a story or two to tell. Since I have been back I have asked many people to help me or to write it for me. Take my blog and what ever it takes to make a book. Of course I have not writing every thing down. Alot needs to be added, and I have actually never read back at all. There is a woman that challenged me to write starting Nov1 and I went gung hoe for awhile, and get frustrated and stop. I get lost all the time or something goes on in my life and I get side stracked. What is really wierd I find, that once I do sit down and start typing my mind goes and my fingers are just typing away.
Hell, I never even typed before for 30 years. I can't believe what a person is capable of doing if they just put their mind to it. I was never good in school with writing or reading or paying attention period. So now trying to stay focused is a real challange for me.
So anyway, I have discovered some friends along the way that can really write. I approach them again. Of course everyone is so busy with their life too. I do believe, with help from a friend, we may have things going.
This is what this person wrote to me.
Omg, I think i got a long haul ahead of me.


Hey Tannis,
You know you are already a good writer yourself ... I read through
some of the stuff in your blog and it has a good flow and is
interesting.
I'd still like to talk to My friend first just to see if there's any
advice we could use.
I'd also like to contact this other person -- he has published a number
of adventure books and his mom and my mom used to be good
friends so there's a small connection there ... but maybe if he likes
the idea he could write an introduction to his publisher (maybe even
an introduction to your book!) and get things rolling!
What you can start doing is (if you have a printer) is print out ALL the
material you have on your trip ... your blogs, e-mails, messages on
forums, and any other correspondence you have ...
You should also try and write down everyone who participated on
your trip.
Collect all pictures you took ... pictures others took.
Talk to Donna and Motorman and see how they feel about
being in the book -- talk to your family and friends and see
what they think about being in the book.
And keep writing ... the more you write the better. About yourself,
about your family, about your friends and about riding.
And be prepared for a long haul ... writing fiction is easy -- it can all be made it all up --
writing non-fiction can be tough, tough, tough because we have to stick to facts.
If you want to do this, the work starts now.
:)


No comments: