Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another letter in support of RLAP

I am hoping with letters like this and the support on the forum my friend MOTORMAN will be able to juggle us into their busy schedule. What an event it could turn out to be.

Hello Tannis,
I got your email address from Donna Palladino. The emails below will explain. Yesterday, I had just been thinking about our club and some future safety events and reports that I could put together. My wife Michele and I had just finished watching the DVD again, and I remebered meeting Rob last summer at the local Harley Shop. "Small World" Rob and I also new quite a few people from Ladner as I grew up in Tsawwassen. That included Russ Spooner, who I had not met until I joined the Club in Kamloops, but many other names were familiar.
I am the Safety Officer for our local HOG Club. When the Chapter takes in the Vancouver Motorcycle Show in January there are usually a couple of DVD's played on the Bus and I was going to play the Ride Like a Pro DVD for the Club members. It will get some exposure and maybe some orders for Jerry and Donna. Also after my talk wth Rob I was wondering if there are any plans that your club may be holding an event with them in September as Donna mentioned. That would be a great excuse for any interested members from Kamloops to make a trip to the Island. If so let me know and I will present ideas to the membership. If it is just planned as a local event no problem either, just let me know.
I am so impressed with what the "Ride Like a Pro Team" have put together, and personnally can't believe the difference in my own skills after 34 years of riding. Like Jerry says in the DVD after 20 years he had repeated 1 year of experience 20 times. How true.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Tony Adshead

No comments: