Monday, November 3, 2008

A new rider.

A gal about my age came into the shop today said she was recommended to come and talk to me to help give her some practice on riding. I know who the client was as I told him about the bike I have to help friends learn to ride or get more practise and confident on a bike before they make their purchase.
I told her I would be happy to help her so long as she knew, that I was not an instructor, just a wanna be, and that one day I hoped to be. I could only show her what I know and ride the streets with her when she was ready or if she wanted to. The most important thing to do would be learn from the professionals and they are in this dvd I sell. You will learn alot as I did and then if you practise those skills you wont be scared any more.

I got a little chuckle because she was describing how she felt the first time in the parking lot when it was time to leave and head out on the highway, she was petrified on how to get to 5th gear and once she got there how to get back down to first. I said to her, my goodnes can I relate to you.. she told me she didn't complete the course and wants to take it again , and I told her I thought it was a great idea. Hopefully in the spring when i get back we could do some riding together. She said she has another lady friend that just learnt how to ride and is looking for someone to ride with. I gave her my card and invited her to VILR forum . There is more lady riders coming up all the time.
She bought the dvd, a leather coat off me and best of all another friend to ride with in the springtime.

No comments: