Sunday, November 9, 2008

Letter from Melissa

I recieved this private letter today for someone down in NC.. I have never talked to her before. What a timely letter. Brought tears to my eyes.
Hey Flo,
I wanted you to know that I have now ordered my 2nd RLAP, coming across this forum has been a blessing for me. I have actually started to improve in my riding skills and feel a lot more confident with thanks to you the other ladies in these forums, and of course RLAP.

My husband was skeptical at first when I told him I ordered the "beginner" RLAP, but now even he will say it was worth me getting. He usually follows behind me to watch and critique what I do, ha we rode a little over 2 hundred miles today and he is sitting there smiling at me as I type with not a word to say.
He has actually watched some of your clips with me on You Tube.
My experience at the local community college a year and 1/2 ago was the worst I have ever had in my life. Out of 12 people in the class I was the only one that had never been a driver of a motorcycle and believe me when I say never, ever, in my life have I been treated so bad. I actually left the class in tears with only one day to go, because of the bullying, berating, and not teaching me anything. This was instructors and students acting this way. I ended up going and buying a 250 and taught myself with my husband and brothers guidance. (Big bro has a mile long private drive LoL) I now drive a HD1200
I went to this class to learn and was treated like crap because I didn't already know how to ride, I thought this was why is was called beginners class. It should have been called to lower your insurance class, anyway I have never been one to back down from anything, but that experience was so bad my confidence has not been the best. As I said before with thanks to all of you and RLAP I am getting there.
My goal is by next spring to have 5000 safe riding mile experience and my dream is a Road King, and ya'll have become an inspiration. Thank you from the bottom of my heart so much for putting your experience on this world wide web.
Melissa

No comments: