Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Playin hooky

I was at work today and it was the most beautiful days this fall so far. It was actually warm. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and all I could think about is jumping on my Harley and going for a ride. The trouble was, my Harley was not sitting out the door, or I would have immeadiately finished up my clients and played hooky. It was a busy morning and I had made enough in my eyes to justify playing hooky. If things didn't pick up again, I knew I could be out of their if I could get a ride home to get the Queen.
I sat down at the computer again to enter some writing in about my book. All of a sudden I heard this rumbling soiund of a motorcycle. The sound sounded very familiar, but it didn't sound like Rob's. Then I realized Rob's in insurance ran out today so I knew it wasn't him. I thought to my self, now that sounds like Ruthie on her vtx, as everyonce in a while she like to hop on hers and come for a surprise visit. It did sound like a vtx.
I swiveled around in my chair, to go see who it was and there was my brother bigE, reving up the engine, with a big shit assed grin on his face. Now he was the last one I expected to see.. He left the house early this morning for work. I aske him WHAAAT??? Thought you were at work. He told me, he couldn't stand it, that he thought it would be his last chance to get his last ride of the season in. It had been over a months since he road, due to weather and work. He just told his boss he was leaving for the day.
I got this sad look on my face and he kept grinning.. I thought to myself... I am the boss, why don't you go to the house and get my helmet and give me a ride back up to the house to get my bike. He did that with pleasure, laughed and said, that is what I was hoping you would say!
I didin't want to just ride to Courtenay and back, how many times have I ridden just to courtenay and back. I was so bored with that road. We wandered up MCauley road a road half way to Courtenay on a country road with a few twisties. I wasn't sure where it was going to go but basically in was just a 10 mile circle, and Eric had admitted he never had been down that road all the way.
We took the freeway to Dove Creek rode and were playing all the way. Hardly anyone was on the road so we opened them up to 100 per hour. Pulling up beside each other and back ing off and doing it all over again. He would give me his goofy Jim Carey look snap his head back open his mouth and I would be cracking up.
When we pulled up to the lights... he says...Ya baby....ya...best 85 bucks I have ever spent on myself not to mention a days wages. But I am worth it...
We just laughed and continued on our travels.
We stopped at CMS to say hi to Carl and Mark, and make them a little jealous and we did.. They were of course happy for us. We got our little visit in and off we went to comox along the water, and the back roads home. What a great day on November 10th.

No comments: