Friday, August 29, 2008

Riding Blinga Picking up the Queen

Thursday I had to take Bling to pick up Queen, from CMS. I don't know why I was so nervous as I rode her for almost 3 years. But now, I am so used to the Queen and riding her so well. I even wanted someone to go with me.
Anyway I went alone... I felt like I was sitting on a big tank. It was loud as hell, and the friction zone was not anywhere near as easy to find as on the Queen. I just kept telling myself it's only a bike and runs the same way. I was a tad jerky going out of the yard but it didn't take too long and it started to feel okay.
I have to say, I didn't like the seat any more, or the high handle bars. The only thing I did like was that my feet were planted flat, and this wouldn't be a very long ride!!!
Once I did the swap, I was also again a little nervous with the new brakes, tire, and handle bars. jerky stops again, and feeling wierd.
Then I remember Doc saying.... don't over think it!!! Ride it, show her whos boss, and off I went, riding home in the pouring rain! i was fine with that, and so glad to have her home after not riding her for a full week!

No comments: