Monday, August 11, 2008

New Pink Lady teaches ShawnBoy how to ride!!



I bought this 1981 Cm450 with 23,00 klm on it. It starts like a top. The original reason I bought it was, because it was so damn cute!! Affordable, reliable, and in great shape. Still has guts after all those years. I could see great potential. If any of my girlfriends needed a loaner, there it is. If any of my girlfriends want to learn how to ride, there it is.

Little did I know in the first week of having this little cutie, I would be teaching my 30 year old nefew to ride it. 6ft tall too by the way.. We were visiting and of course talking riding, when he told me he had his learners.. Ha.. snagged him, right away told him of my new ride. I showed him the clipping of me doing the figure 8 on the Queen, and asked him if he was ready to learn to ride. "On that thing?".... yupper on that thing!! Can ya do it, can you over look the color and just learn to ride??? If you can, I would love to teach you.......And so the fun began, to add another member to the Fuhr Factor...

I rode the little beast to CR, it ran really good, although I could sure have used a wind screen which I will be putting on shortly. Of to do the RLAP excercise in the parking lot. This boy (man) wasn't even scared or nervous. Only laughing at himself becaue he was on a pink bike, and his words he kept using... I feel so inadequate. I am cracking up!! He sure listens and asks lots of questions. In no time at all he was going up and down the parking lot, shifting gears, quick smooth stops, slow manuevering, like he had been riding before for sure.

Every excercise I put him on he aced it!! I have never seen anything like it really.

Shawnboy Practising

Not only am I enjoying spending time with my nefew but it is such a pleasure teaching him. Today already he is going for his MST ...Crikey it took me a couple seasons to ride like that boy!!

No comments: