Wednesday, August 6, 2008

PAYING IT FORWARD

I was just amazed this week on how the people that are on VILR are so supportive. Our little newbie... Baby, who was so looking forward to her first road trip was going to have to cancel as her little 250 had self destructed as she puts it. I think she got it up and running again, but didn't want to take a chance and take it on any highways. We have been planning this trip for quite sometime. I knew she was disapointed and so was I. We only met her once on Canada weekend. We had rode all the way down Island to meet one of our new gals on VILR.
If there is a will there is a way I always say.... I decided I would try to do a fund raiser and help her trade up a little. Like her bike is worth 500 bucks. Even if we could raise a couple Grand. I listed a couple things so did some others and the bidding began, and there was silent donations coming in.
It was overwhelming to see how everone got together, and wanted to see her ride and help her upgrade. As it turned out, she managed to find a way to finance her new ride hereself. She could not believe it... the support and then actually finding away to do it herself.
We had lost of support from my Conga members in Florida. Unbelievabe.. We had called this the PAYING IT FORWARD FUND... PIFF..... Many of us have decided that we really do need this fund. If we can get it going good enough, we will be able to help our fellow bikers that have financial struggles. I know of a couple people I would like to help right now actually but there is not enough funds yet.
If we all put a looney in a jar each time we road, we wouldn't feel it and it would help so much to help someone in the future. Not too mention how good it makes you feel when you help someone.
I know this will take time to get off the ground but it is one of my biggest wishes, and to be able to pull it off with out things going wrong would be an amazing thing. We would all decide together through private emails first if we knew of someone who was in need.
We have had some great items donated to the fund and sold and now have about 250 in our PIFF.

No comments: