Sunday, October 12, 2008

Turkey Run

A FANTABULOUS day, bikers from all clubs and non clubs enjoying each others company. I think there was about 60 bikes I have heard.
I met a couple people I had never met before and had only spoken to on the forums. That Bear guy!! he is a big bear... I'm like wondering who it is and have to look at his patch... Crikey, he is one of our Cabana boys on VILR, was great meeting him. Also met Ripper... love that name, nice friendly guy, I felt like a midget beside him..lol
Zeek puts on a great event and he even got free lunch ticket for a draw which my nefew won and bought us lunch. It was a $50 certificate. We had a moment of silence to remember what we were all thankful for.
We had a great ride on the back roads of Nanaiamo and Parksville. It was a nice crispy day, but dressed warm with electric vest, woolies and rubber gloves it was all good.

The ride back home with my nefew leading his aunt and uncs and Jippo and Tanya riding back..
We stopped at CMS, as Lobo needed to pick up his bling, and I needed a squishie from a Spyder.
Just a closing time in comes this gal that wanted to look at bikes, she wants to learn how to ride. Spydie says, thats the gal you need to talk to...
Crikey it was my sons ex girlfriend.. We got to talking and I sold her a dvd, she is going to write her learners, and I am going to teach her how to ride Stinky Pinky....Still got some insurance left som hopefully we have another VILR, SC, AND CMC member. Hee hee, I am thinking so.

yeah, yeah, yeah, I get to practise my RLAPING!!! Another new recruit to practise my skills.
Am I ever glad I bought that bike, heck this summer she will have taught 3 people to ride. Already makes it all worth it.
I had burned the clutch off my Queen, with all the practising and got a new one put in. I have been trying to wait 500 miles to break it in.. Now that has been a challengd. Today Motorman givs me the go ahead to practise even though it isn't 300. But cool that girl off once inawhile.
Today is sunny and I am hoping to someone shows up at the parking lot today. I am so looking forward to it!!

No comments: