Tuesday, October 14, 2008

PINKAT PASSES LEARNERS.

I have known Kathy a few years, but dont really see much of her until I ran into her on saturday and she told me how much she wanted to learn to ride. She was in CMS looking at bikes. I told here I would love to help her and I had a bike, and she couldn't believe it as she was thinking about spring time. Anyway, I sold her the dvd, she went home and watched it and I told her why not study the book and just go see if she can pass the test. If she failed, like I did 3 times she could keep trying.
Just at closing time, in she comes to the barbershope snapping her license with a big grin on her face saying.. I did it... I did it!!! Can we go to the parking lot today. ....Off we went.

Vgirl, and Vmax brought the bike down for me and away we went. With advice from me and Mark, she was on here way. I was happy Mark was there, as as I have said many times.... I am not an instructor....yet! I always prefer to help someone that already rides incase I forget to mention something. Yelling SNAP LOOK AT ME... is easy! I apologised to her for yelling so loud and she says,...no, I need that!! It is so easy to forget to not look down or at the curb you don't want to go to.
It didn't take long and she was riding!! She pays attention, got great posture, shifts good, didn't have any close calls, looked pretty confident.. We worked her hard for about an hour and a half.. It was so exciting to see how excited she was. I think we have another natural on our hands. I believe that is a lucky lady bike.

I get such pleasure watching someone succeed. It is hard to believe that I am actually doing it sometimes, when I think back to how difficult it was for me.

I can't wait untill tomorrow and neither can she! Whoo hoo another VILR!

No comments: